Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Camshaft choices

Thread: Camshaft choices

SCH Member

Camshaft choices

I am going to run a B303 on my car as soon as I finish it. The motor is already built(as shown below) But is not installed yet. I had the cam laying around and figured it would go good with 1.7rrs. I know you guys are goimg to say blower cam or something, but it was that or an E303. too late for the E cam.
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Ok, do a custom blower cam. I used a Ecam on my old engine and hated it. Went with a custom grind blower cam and made it to my specs and it's awesome. Just my 2 cents.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

SCH Member
    I'd go with a custom cam too. Worth the extra money I think.
    93 LX
    R331/AFR 205/Vic 5.0/? psi

Senior SCH Member
    I also went with a custom cam. The motor isn't done yet but I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Junior SCH Member
    I went with the TFS stage 2, have'nt run the car yet so don't have an opinion yet. I had a F- cam in it before, made decent power, I just felt like it needed a little more exhaust lift and or duration. Custom cam guys seem to love their choice, it just was'nt in my budget for a custom cam.
    95 Zero option GTS. D.S.S 8.8-1 Bullet 306,S-Trim, Power Pipe, 6037's, TFS 2 cam, Perf RPM U/L, 70mm T/B, 80mm MAF, 42's, BBK L/T's.

SCH Member
    I would love a custom cam but will I hate the B303? It has 224 dur int and exh. and will have like 512 lift with 1.7rockers. I am stuck with it for now but just wondered about the customs. I need to build a better motor later with better internals to live under boost, This motor was originally supposed to be N/A in another car.
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

SCH Member
    The motor is balanced,Forged pistons and has head studs and good fel-pro head gaskets (non 0-ringed) Once the machine work is done is it too late to add on a Girdle. I have heard both ways

It will work for now, but like we said not as well as a custom cam.
    I had mine made with the duration a little closer together, 220/224 and 114center line @50 with 545lift, the 114 is alot friendlier street cam. The motorsport cam has I think 110centerline. I had alot of idle surge issues with my Ecam. Anyway good luck, it should work fine for now.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Junior SCH Member
    I've got a B-cam with 1.7 rockers in my car. I had an idle problem but I just turned up the idle speed to about 1000-1100 and it does alot better.

The cam made pretty decent power in my car 410/400. This is on a stock cobra motor ( it's got aluminum heads now), at the time I only had changed the cam, injectors, and was making 10-11psi. But my car was running way way to rich (11.0 @3500rpms and it kept getting richer as the revs got higher) so it was choking it's self out.

When I build a motor for the car I'll definatly go with a custom ground cam, but for now I can't complain.

Started life 06/10/94 SVT Cobra #2765.

Mods: S-trim(10-11psi), Pro-M 80mm mass air, A9L processor, 30#injectors w/ FMU, aeromotive boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, Edelbrock heads*new*(1.90/1.60), B-303 cam w/ stock 1.7 cobra rockers, Probe Inndustry 7" balancer, Griffin aluminum 3 core radiator, Mac unequal-lenght shorties, o/r h-pipe, Mac cat back, MSD 6AL and boost retard, Taylor battery relocation.

Driveline: Tremec TKO w/ Hurst shifter, SPEC stage II clutch, aluminum drive-shaft, lakewood safety-loop, 3.55 gears.

Supension:Steeda lowering springs (cut 1/2coil front, 1/4 rear), Tokiko blue shocks and struts, sub-frame connectors, Steeda caster/camber plates.

Appearance:Y2K silver R's, Phantom boost, and electronic fuel pressure guages(both hidden), replaced tan carpet w/ black, Pioneer head unit, direct amp and two 10" audiobahns.

Old Dyno#'s w/ GT-40 heads and not tuned 410/400. Car had 12* base timing and the A/F was 11.0 at 3500 and kept getting richer higher in the revs.

New #'s *comming soon* with 42# injectors and a tune. Expecting 500.

SCH Member
    Hey guys , thanks for the input. Don't be surprised if a year or so down the road I am asking about what your custom cam specs are so I can have one ground.

Senior SCH Member
    i am very happy with my off the shelf anderson b-31 cam
    --
    93 GT