Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
another new guy!!

Thread: another new guy!!

Junior SCH Member

another new guy!!

whats up guys- just got ahold of my first charger and need some hints here.. >>novi 2000 in a 95 gt
    what is fuel pressure set at using the fmu w/30# injectors?
    combo is 308 w/stock headsand cam
    ported upper and lower FMS intake
    full exhaust
    tremec 3550
    3.73 gears
    1.7 cobra roller rockers..
    anyone have a similar combo? what times to you run? thanks>>Lee
    great site here
    white 95 gt
    308-cobra intake-roller rockers
    full exhaust-3.73's tremec 3550
    and Novi-2000 charger

Welcome LEE!

Is your FMU calibrated for 30#?

mmmkay... under the assumption you are running stock boost levels...

FP w/vac off I would say 38-42 psi depending on how your app likes it. As for timing, start conservatively at 8* to 10* listen for detonation. Back off the timing if you hear any. Run no less than 93 octane (my humble opinion).

Do you have a BTM or ignition system on your app?

I will let some of the other guys chime in with there advice to add to the kettle.

Welcome once again! Glad to have you aboard!!! :D PLEASE ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS there is an abundant amount of expertise lurking through the board!!!

-Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 11-21-2003 at 12:51 AM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member
    whats up Lee. Whats up with owning a blower now? I thought you was a nitrous guy ;)

Glad to see you getting blown now:D . I'm still new to blowers myself and still learning.
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Welcome Lee. If you haven't already installed the 30 pound injectors, I would rethink using the FMU. You could sell the 30's and FMU and pay for a set of 36's. It will be much easier to tune that way.

Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Welcome, and listen to doug. :)
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member

Question questions

hello again:D>>>i havent got the injectors yet but had access to the 30#'s..question is will the stock 19 #'s w/255 pump and adj. fpr w/ the stock paxton fmu be enough till i get the 42's?--i will also be runnin my timming at 9 till i get an btm or something...should i wait for the install or do it?

muscle mustang89- ive always wanted a charger-just couldnt afford it ---but its on now... thansk for yall's support
    white 95 gt
    and Novi-2000 charger

Save your self some cash and just set your initail timing at 23 and pull your spout connector out.

But always listen for detonation and lower the timing if you hear it.

Your car will drive much better and you wont ever have to worry about the BTM failing and blowing your head gaskets.

Alot of people run there stangs like that, I do and I swear by it.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Question so a btm is bad???

i was gonna get one but now i am thinking no... i thought i could reset my rev limit and retart the timing for boost with it.. i was gonna get one and put it in my car... i guess most of you think no huh?? how come? thanx
    -troy
    93 black gt

Originally posted by Chuck
    Save your self some cash and just set your initail timing at 23 and pull your spout connector out.

But always listen for detonation and lower the timing if you hear it.

Your car will drive much better and you wont ever have to worry about the BTM failing and blowing your head gaskets.

Alot of people run there stangs like that, I do and I swear by it.
    How's the car behave in a daily/weekend routine Chuck? I've read countless posts on pulling the spout but most of the stuff I've read has been for drag purposes only. No daily or weekend driving.

If you (or someone else) has had good results with pulling the spout on a weekend driver, it could save me alot of $$$$ in the near future. I was planning on purchasing a BTM in the spring.

And Welcome Lee!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Junior SCH Member
    ahhh-no need for the btm-- great info there. any other info i will need to know as in what plugs to use for stock heads etc..just trying to work out the bugs before i put it on...
    white 95 gt
    and Novi-2000 charger

Lee, I believe you should go 1 range colder with stock heads. motorcraft awsf32c I believe. If you don't have an aftermarket ignitiong, you may want to set the gap a little closer then normal.
    90 strawberry coupe

It's always ammused me that with the price of the btm your halfway to the price of a new PMS. Granted you usually need a 6AL anyway.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Question you need the 6al to put the 6btm on??"

is this true??? please someone answer this one....if so that is a bunch of crap and does the spout out method work for daily drivers??? or just someof the time?? thanx
    -troy
    93 black gt

Nah Troy, the 6BTM is the combined unit, you don't have to have both. Unless you work bass-akwards like me & have a digital-6 plust the stand alone BTM unit :D

If you have to upgrade the whole ignition, you may want to look at the Crane equivalent to the MSD BTM-6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Talking kewl... thanx sean...

good looking out always a true friend... i am surprised you have not tossed me aside yet due to my lack of knowledge...hehehe... maybe you feel like a yoda or mentor to me then...:D "yes sensei!" lol
    -troy
    93 black gt