Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bigger than 8" pulley on new novi 1k?

bigger than 8" pulley on new novi 1k?

can we put a bigger than a 8" pulley on the new novi 1k to get more boost since theres two belts???
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

and not worry about blowing up the SCer? cause i heard that they put a bigger pulley on the SCer then the old set up.

Originally posted by green93notch
    and not worry about blowing up the SCer? cause i heard that they put a bigger pulley on the SCer then the old set up.
    Crank pulley that comes with the Novi 1000 (revised) is a 7" pulley.

Its actually a "one piece" pulley that drives the accessories and a 7" for the blower.

Oh, and a 7" pulley is extremely close to the fan shaft. An 8" is gonna be SUPER close to the fan shaft. Doubt anything bigger than an 8" will clear that shaft.

**Incase your running the stock fan**
    Last edited by 5.02GO; 11-17-2003 at 05:23 PM.
    Paxton Supercharged - Novi 1000, Edelbrock Performer Heads, GT40 Intake, E303 Cam,30lb/hr injectors, C&L 73 Mass Air Meter, 190lt/hr Fuel Pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, World Class T5, Pro-5.0 Shifter and BBK Shorties.

forgot about that..lol

forgot about that..lol
    I am curious about the 8" myself. I got to looking at the 7" and the fan shaft the other day and i am wondering if the 8" or the blower belt is gonna clear it.

I havent heard of anyone complaining about it yet, so i guess it will.
    Paxton Supercharged - Novi 1000, Edelbrock Performer Heads, GT40 Intake, E303 Cam,30lb/hr injectors, C&L 73 Mass Air Meter, 190lt/hr Fuel Pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, World Class T5, Pro-5.0 Shifter and BBK Shorties.

i think it will, i think theres a few people that have done it on this board already so im not worried about the 8"er. i was just looking at the track times with the novi 1k and mikeymustang is doing something right with his times hes got. i hope i get the same cause of my weight.

i think it will, i think theres a few people that have done it on this board already so im not worried about the 8"er. i was just looking at the track times with the novi 1k and mikeymustang is doing something right with his times hes got. i hope i get the same cause of my weight.

Cool, Good Luck!:D

thanks :) i cant wait till next spring already, cars sleeping for the winter now.

i have the 8" crank on my revised 1k. it does clear the w.p. pulley & fan shaft. i had my mechanical fan in for a couple months with my 8" crank untill i put the electric unit in. the thing to know is to get a 59" blower belt. this longer belt will allow you to have some slack in the belt so you can push it down with the tensioner keeping it away from the w.p. pulley. if you run the 58" belt with it(wich will fit) then the belt will rub the w.p. pully & hit the screws that hold it in place. there are 2 holes in the blower belt tensioner. you should be using the upper one now, & will use the lower one after upgrading to the 8" crank. the lower one lets you get the reqiuered tension sooner on the blower belt since it will be longer tan needed. this causes no problem & works perfectly for many of us here with the revised 1k's. you'll enjoy the 8" crank 2+ psi of boost extra.........

-justin
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

thanks for the tip! always helpful to know what you're getting into before you get into it. :) do you think that long tubes will help out with more power? (1 5/8 LTs)

thanks for the tip! always helpful to know what you're getting into before you get into it. :) do you think that long tubes will help out with more power? (1 5/8 LTs)

YES! Its definetely good know what one is getting into befor they go with it.

Not sure about the long tubes though.

longtubes are a must in my opinion. Unless you get those AFM 1 3/4" shorties. I would love a set but i don't have $450 for a set of shorties!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    i'll be doing the 8" pulley this weekend too. if the paxton gets here in time. I shouldn't have any problems with my electric fan on. let you know how it goes.
    s/c 331

thanks for some feedback on your end slow91, im getting mine today, ill talk some picktures of it and post em. i wont have it on till maybe this monday or after X-mas since its a gift :)

here it is!:D :D
    Attached Images Attached Images