Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About to order one!

Junior SCH Member

About to order one!

Okay, I am getting ready to finally order a Novi 1000. I just want to check with you guys to make sure I order everything I will need. Here is what I plan on getting:

Novi 1000
    powerpipe (does Morpheus still make them?)
    80mm Pro-M MAF (calibrated for injectors of course)
    42lb injectors (too big for a motor w/o h/c/i?)
    255lph fuel pump
    steel discharge tube
    bypass valve
    smog pump delete kit (who makes the best one?)
    Kirbin AFPR

I don't think I will be adding the 8" pulley until I trust that my motor won't blow up, and also until the rain stops. This is my daily driver so I think I'll wait till Spring before running too much boost. My motor has over 140k miles on it, any worries I should have? Should I do a compression test before installing the blower? The motor seems to run great! Anyway, sorry for all the questions but I just want to have everything available before I start the install!

I plan on getting either AFR 165 or 185 heads and a Edelbrock RPM intake this summer. I decided to screw the N/A setup I originally planned on and just get the blower now! Thanks guys!

novi 1000-very good hop up if i may be so bold
    morpheus is outta business
    pro-m 80 and 42's-good choice!
    255 pump is a must!
    the aluminum discharge in the kit is a very nice piece!
    and the rest of the stuff is a must.
    The asp delete is very nice and desinged for vortech and paxton.

if it runs stong and you trust it, let it rip!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by regattacoupe
    novi 1000-very good hop up if i may be so bold
    morpheus is outta business
    pro-m 80 and 42's-good choice!
    255 pump is a must!
    the aluminum discharge in the kit is a very nice piece!
    and the rest of the stuff is a must.
    The asp delete is very nice and desinged for vortech and paxton.

if it runs stong and you trust it, let it rip!
    I was just wondering if the 42's might be too large for the stock motor? Right now I just have LT headers, offroad X-pipe, Flowmasters, pulleys, 3.73 gears, and AC and smog delete. I have the 255lph fuel pump in the garage, just awaiting installation. I thought the Novi's came with plastic discharge tubes, do the new ones come with aluminum ones? I'll check out the ASP delete too. Does that just about cover everything? I found the supercharger for really cheap so I'll get right on it. Thanks a lot for the help! Does anyone have some more suggestions? Later!

Yeah you will get an aluminum discharge tube.
    There is a GP on powerpipes in here right now.

If you have no future plans to go HCI in the than 30 pound injectors will be more than enough and may provide better drivablility and economy. Just a thought.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by 468LC
    Yeah you will get an aluminum discharge tube.
    There is a GP on powerpipes in here right now.

If you have no future plans to go HCI in the than 30 pound injectors will be more than enough and may provide better drivablility and economy. Just a thought.
    Well, I plan on getting AFR 165 or 185 heads this summer, and an Edelbrock RPM intake this Spring (when I get tax returns). By better economy, do you mean gas mileage or initial price of the injectors? I basically just want to get rid of the FMU, so what are the smallest injectors I can get to do this safely? I would like to get the 42lbers now, because then I won't have to get the MAF calibrated again later, but I don't want the car to run like crap either. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

You have the right thinking..

If you are going to keep adding the mods, get the 42's now - do it once, do it right!

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    You have the right thinking..

If you are going to keep adding the mods, get the 42's now - do it once, do it right!

Ian
    Good! That is what I wanted to hear! I will sign up for the group purchase as soon as I order the Novi, which will be VERY soon!

One last question though, is there any way I can make sure that my motor is up to the supercharger? I hear about some of you guys with 140-160k miles on your cars, and I hope that my car (with it's 142k miles) will be okay. Thanks guys, you have been really helpful!

SCH Member
    I have 143K now and I'm about to put one on. But I've already tested it with a 150 shot for the past 5 months. And my car was an unmodded virgin with the paper filter, silencer and stock exhaust on it until I bought it at 136k.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

1992blkGT: I would do a compression test on the motor. If all numbers are close then I would go ahead with it ;)

If a motor is dying now, boost will only kill it.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    1992blkGT: I would do a compression test on the motor. If all numbers are close then I would go ahead with it ;)

If a motor is dying now, boost will only kill it.

Ian
    Good idea! My friend has a compression tester so I will do that before I order the Novi. If the motor is fine, I will go ahead with it!

Last question I have then, is will I need a dyno tune after the install? Will it run fine without a tune? Thanks again for all the help!

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by FullAuto
    I have 143K now and I'm about to put one on. But I've already tested it with a 150 shot for the past 5 months. And my car was an unmodded virgin with the paper filter, silencer and stock exhaust on it until I bought it at 136k.
    I bought mine at 136k also! Mine was stock (paper filter and silencer too) except for a Flowmaster cat-back. Guess that's a good thing then, huh? Talk to you later!

1992blkGT: You do not need a dyno tune, but I would suggest you save for one. With a nice safe tune (timing and FP) the car will perform great.

When you get the dyno tune you will be able to tune for the most power, but still be very safe.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    1992blkGT: You do not need a dyno tune, but I would suggest you save for one. With a nice safe tune (timing and FP) the car will perform great.

When you get the dyno tune you will be able to tune for the most power, but still be very safe.

Ian
    Yea it would be a good idea. Unfortunately money will be a little short directly after the install, especially with Christmas coming up. Hopefully after X-mas I can afford a tune. Think the car will be fine until then? Thanks!

Yep do not worry at all.

I ran my NOVI and ProCharged setups without a tune (looking back I should have spent the money on the ProCharger tune)

Many users do not dyno tune their cars. One example is Chuck (the other Admin) runs a built motor, NOVI 1K @ 10lbs, 42's, stock computer and no dyno tune. His car starts every time, never has any problems, makes lots of power, and runs great on the street (it is daily driven) He can drive 50KMs to the track run 120MPH and drive home.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    Yep do not worry at all.

I ran my NOVI and ProCharged setups without a tune (looking back I should have spent the money on the ProCharger tune)

Many users do not dyno tune their cars. One example is Chuck (the other Admin) runs a built motor, NOVI 1K @ 10lbs, 42's, stock computer and no dyno tune. His car starts every time, never has any problems, makes lots of power, and runs great on the street (it is daily driven) He can drive 50KMs to the track run 120MPH and drive home.

Ian
    Damn that is awesome! Glad to hear that the tune is not necessary. I will definately get a tune once i get the h/c/i put in, but I don't want to have to get a tune now and then one in the summer too. Well, thanks for your help! All I need to do is the compression test and then [hopefully] order the Novi!