Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
About to order one! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About to order one!

Junior SCH Member
    Okay, compression test results are in. Please tell me what you think. Blower, yay or nay?

1- 120
    2- 120
    3- 125
    4- 125
    5- 115
    6- 120
    7- 125
    8- 120

I don't know if these numbers are good or not. The highest number I got was 125, and the lowest was 115. Hopefully someone can analyze this for me! Thanks!

Yep good numbers - go for it!

Ian

Originally posted by Ian
    Yep good numbers - go for it!

Ian
    :werd:
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    Good! That is just what I wanted to hear! Tomorrow I will be ordering the Novi and everything else I listed earlier. Oh and I will also sign up for the group purchase for the powerpipe. Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll need plenty more help once I begin the install, and I'm glad you guys are so helpful.

1992blkGT: Where are you ordering from?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    1992blkGT: Where are you ordering from?

Ian
    I will probably be ordering the Novi from Superchargers4Less.com, they quoted me $1570 after rebate. That seems like the cheapest price to me. I'll be ordering the MAF, injectors, the smog delete, and AFPR from JDsPerformance.com, the bypass valve from importedcarparts.com, and the powerpipe from here. Does that sound like a plan?

1992blkGT: Before you order, e-mail Jack @ www.musclemotors.com tell him you are from this site.

Thanks,

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    1992blkGT: Before you order, e-mail Jack @ www.musclemotors.com tell him you are from this site.

Thanks,

Ian
    Okay Ian, I sent an e-mail to MuscleMotors. Thanks for all your help!

Great, I am sure Jack will do his best to beat that price. Dave @ Jds is great and another great pick for your other parts. When you call Dave tell him Ian sent you :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Well I bit the bullet and order everything I needed!! I got the Novi 1000, 80mm Pro-M, 42lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, Bosch bypass valve, Kirbin AFPR, and ASP smog delete kit. Everything listed (minus fuel pump- already had it!) cost me $2473.73 shipped. Not bad I suppose. Still a little traumatizing! That is the most I have spent on my car at one time, and nearly what I payed for the car in the first place. Oh well, as long as my motor doesn't blow up I will be happy! Thanks for all the help guys!

Oh and I also signed up for the group purchase Boostmaster pipe!

Congrats! Who did you end up ordering from?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    Congrats! Who did you end up ordering from?

Ian
    Well I ordered the Novi from Superchargers4Less.com, I tried your recommendations, but unfortunately they couldn't beat their price. I ordered almost everything else from JDsPerformance.com, and then I ordered the bypass valve from importedcarparts.com.

Right now I'm trying to figure out where to get some Autometer gauges. What are the most important gauges, boost and fuel pressure? The fuel pressure gauges that mount in the car are expensive though!

Wow thats surprising..

I get my autometer gauges from Summit - they have very good pricing as they buy so many.

I would get the boost and fuel pressure (the electric FP gauges are VERY expensive)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Ian
    Wow thats surprising..

I get my autometer gauges from Summit - they have very good pricing as they buy so many.

I would get the boost and fuel pressure (the electric FP gauges are VERY expensive)

Ian
    Should I just go with the mechanical fuel pressure gauge and mount it in the engine bay, or should I go with the electric one?

I like the electric one, it is more expensive but worth it IMHO.

Ian