Thread: Performance Automatic vs Lentech AOD ?

Junior SCH Member

Performance Automatic vs Lentech AOD ?

I had my eye on the Lentech strip terminator, but after checking out the C4 Performance automatic it seems like a better deal. It's $3000 to your door and comes with everything including cables, bolts, flywheel, shifter etc. It will handle 700 HP same as the Lentech. It seems the only draw back for me is that it does not have overdrive. My car will not be driven much on the street, so this isn't a huge concern for me. Let me know any pro's and cons that you all have and if anyone is running this tranny let me know how it is. Thanks,

Bobby (Blwn331)

You already know my opion, but I'll post it anyways. For anybody that doesn't know, I am considering switching to a C4 in my blue car. I love my Lentech, but my car is turning into mainly a drag car.
    Bobby, if you put the C4 in it, you can pretty much long cruises away. You could still drive it on the freeway, but you'll be turning 3500 rpm at 65 mph. For your application, I would still vote for the AOD. I think the price differance will not be that much.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    I've got an idea doug! Switch to the C4 and sell me your Tranny and that solves both of our problems. I'll have cash by the end of this month.

Bobby

Originally posted by Blwn331
    I've got an idea doug! Switch to the C4 and sell me your Tranny and that solves both of our problems. I'll have cash by the end of this month.

Bobby
    That might work. Call me
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    Doug,
    Did you find out anything on the Lentech? Let me know.

Bobby (Blwn331)