Thread: Custom Supercharger vacuum line help???

Junior SCH Member

Question Custom Supercharger vacuum line help???

I'm setting up a custom centrifugal supercharger setup on a 93 Toyota Tercel... Why?? ... Well, Why Not??? Actually its part of a boredom/dare thing... anyways.... I've got pretty much everything under control except for one small thing.. What the heck do i do with all those vacuum lines .... (i.e. brake booster, pcv valve, and a ton of other components..) do i leave them where they are (seems silly beacause the manifold will now be presssurized) or do i stick them in the inlet pipe of the supercharger??? Most mechanics ive talked to say stick the vacuum lines in the inlet pipe... but that doesnt seem too right either.... im soo confused....if you need pics/ other info about the car i can provide that... but i cannot specify what the supercharger will be as of yet... I'll let you all know when its completed... All help is greatly appreciated and will not go to waste.

Thanks,
    ~A

p.s. I'm keeping the throttle plate right where it is and using a sort of blow-off valve to remove excess pressure *kinda like a turbo setup only pulley driven rather than exhaust driven*

Aaron,

Leave them where they are and use a one way check valve to ensure they get vac but not boost.

Welcome to the site.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Ian... :) Makes much more sense to me than the other options...

~Aaron