Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 74 windsor reman short block. see inside

Thumbs up Combo Update

Well upon further inspection of the 74 it has a great crank, truck rods, and cast pistons. To make a real long story short i've got my heads relatively sold and talked myself into a set of Victor Jrs. :D It was not hard to do that one! I'm gonna run the crane 286-2 cam and the trickflow r intake. I'm gonna make sure i get a piston for right @ 9:1-9.25:1 for boost production. I know the novi 1000 is not ideal fot his setup(not even close) but with my fuel system constraints and other monatary factors i'll run the lil 1K for this year. I've got some bbk swap shorties-w-a doctor gas x in route as we speak and i'm gonna cut the flowmasters outta my catback and weld up the ultra flow welded muffs or the straightline muffs that rdrunner has.

I can't wait to get started on this!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Brent, keep us posted on your impressions of the swap! I plan to do this as well. I think the vic jr's where a good decision on your part as well.

I vote for the straight lines! I'll have a pair just as soon as I order my mac 3" catback. :)

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Well my friend has done the swap many times. He uses the 3/4" drop mounts from hpm and it works out pretty nice. As long as the A9L and Pro m 80 can handle the tune and the exhaust fits i can't forsee any major issues. Does anyone think the blower will hit the hood or will the motor mounts get me by?

I may end up with the straight lines just for the simple fact that no-one in the area runs them.I can't wait to see how this runs. A bunch of us are get some dyno time this spring and I'll surely have HP #'s before the track even opens here in ohio. I've gotta order my pistons, have it balanced, and get the interior wrapped up and i'll be ready to rock.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

.update/bad news ......My wife just a got a fairly larger than normal college bill(we pay cash) Gonna have to run my TFS Wedgies another year. BUT pistons are in the budget one way or the other. I'm gonna work on porting heads anyway. Mine were ported by alt auto but it is a very mild cleanup. The car is still gonna boogie though. :D maybe this way the 1000 can up for a while LOL

I'm gonna port some E7's for free and have guys run them then experiment on mine next year. If i have pistons for TW heads i imagine the R heads will show up sooner or later.

I just sold my 302 so this is a dedicated project.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    ttt

Brent, I haven't been following along lately, what did you end up doing with the motor?
    Chris

sold it last week. Should have my motor together shortly. Hope to have the car on the road in 2 or 3 weeks.