Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on combo

the 205 will rock,what are the cam duration at .050??and the lope seperation?
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    I'll have to check with my engine builder who was the one who ordered the cam from Comp Cams.

Craig
    1965 Mustang fastback (GT clone). Full Griggs Racing GR-350 suspension. HD Currie 9". Baer 13"&12" PBR's.
    T56 (Mustang version) being
    installed. Dart block 348 (302 based) with EFI Novi 2000 (9-10lbs) almost done.

If you want to spin to 7000 revs you better have a lot of things planned for those 205's. They aren't set up for hydraulic roller and you'll want a set of titanium retainers at the least to take some mass out of the valvetrain. Longetivity greatly reduces the higher you spin it. I would be much more inclined to shift around 6200 and pulley up the Novi to compensate.
    Aside from that it should seriously haul. I was worried about soft lowend with mine also (granted my combo is a lot more mild) but you don't really notice it at all, you'll just find yourself driving it higher in the rev range to compensate.
    Mods Pics
    13.18 @ 106.09 mph pre-blower
    Novi 2000 whistling under the hood

This will flat haul the bacon! Pics Please!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Originally posted by jonnyk
    If you want to spin to 7000 revs you better have a lot of things planned for those 205's. They aren't set up for hydraulic roller and you'll want a set of titanium retainers at the least to take some mass out of the valvetrain. Longetivity greatly reduces the higher you spin it. I would be much more inclined to shift around 6200 and pulley up the Novi to compensate.
    Aside from that it should seriously haul.
    Not to flame ya, but what the hell are you talking about?? The only cylinder head wear and tear you get shifting a motor very high is valve spring wear. It is a good idea to order them with titanium retainers. The 205's can be ordered from AFR set up for hydraulic or a solid roller. The only difference is valve spring pressure. Anderson Ford Motorsport sells hydraulic roller lifters that are supposed to be good for 7500 rpm.

The 205's will work great on your combo. I use them on my motor and they work great. I have more than enough torque with the 205's, a Hogan sheetmetal intake, and a 90mm throttle body. Its true that I have a big inch stroker motor, but it's good enough to run mid 10's on the motor. I shift the motor at 7400 and have run through the traps at 7900rpm.

Doug
    Last edited by Doug; 12-03-2003 at 02:03 AM.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous