Thread: low boost?'s

Junior SCH Member

low boost?'s

I am not getting very much boost out of this P1SC. I have a 3.5" driven pulley and no belt slip, I get only 9lbs and I am redlining the blower.

Is my engine too big for this little blower.
    383sbc, afr 220, 630 solid roller.
    s10 with wind

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hairdryer
    I am not getting very much boost out of this P1SC. I have a 3.5" driven pulley and no belt slip, I get only 9lbs and I am redlining the blower.

Is my engine too big for this little blower.
    383sbc, afr 220, 630 solid roller.
    You can get a smaller pulley, that would give you more boost. The pulleys are actually 3.4, 3.30, and 3.2 from ATI those should be good for (8, 10, 12lbs). I know that on my 3.4" pulley I usually see close to 10lbs at the top of my rpm range.

Good luck, Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryGT
    You can get a smaller pulley, that would give you more boost. The pulleys are actually 3.4, 3.30, and 3.2 from ATI those should be good for (8, 10, 12lbs). I know that on my 3.4" pulley I usually see close to 10lbs at the top of my rpm range.

Good luck, Ralph

I got the problem fixed, I got a 3.4 pulley and my inlet hose was too turbulent, I now see 13lbs at 7000rpm's. I also got a new time 9.80 at 138.

Now my concern is am I spinning the blower too fast, and will it hurt it.
    s10 with wind

Junior SCH Member
    I got the problem fixed, I got a 3.4 pulley and my inlet hose was too turbulent, I now see 13lbs at 7000rpm's. I also got a new time 9.80 at 138.

If you know size of your crank pulley you can probably use this formula that I posted for another thread. It will tell you if you are over revving your blower.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=3570

Good luck, Ralph
    2003 BLK GT (5 spd)

Got 8 Ribs?
    Scary Mods

You are nowhere close to max boost on the P-1SC, its' rated well over 20psi max, unlikely you are going to hurt your "little" blower...... If you are worried go by yourself an F1/F3 and be doen with it!! Great numbers.....stevet
    1998 S/C'ed cobra coupe - laser red and somewhere in the great state of Tejas.....442rwhp/410rwtq dyno tuned