Thread: Aerospace Brakes ?

Junior SCH Member

Aerospace Brakes ?

Is anyone using the Aerospace Brakes ? I'm trying to find some better brakes than my GTS has and find brakes that will give me clearance for some skinnies up front. Any info would help. Thanks,

Bobby(Blwn331)

Hey Bobby,

Is your car a drag only? The Aerospace brakes are not suggested for street use.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    It's not drag only. They say not intended for street use on a lot of things like struts and control arms, but we all drive with them. Granted the brakes are probably a little more critical, but I will have a second car by the time I get back from Germany in 6 months. The car will see street duty, but it will be limited to short trips or mustang events.

Bobby(Blwn331)

I"m kinda curious too. Since I always have skinnies on I would love some aerospace brakes, but my car sees alot of street duty.

Brandon

Gey Guys,

I actually ordered a kit for a local guy and I can say they look awesome and they are VERY light. The complete rear kit was as heavy as one side of the Baer I ordered.

That being said you can tell that they would not take very well to the street. I also spoke to Jack @ MM and he mentioned the same thing, not a good idea for the street.

Do not get me wrong, I am sure they are awesome, just maybe too light for the street. Jack @ MM can hook you up for a good price if you decide to go that way.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Aerospace makes more then one type of brake kit. The one I have is the Pro Street kit and the rotors are very thing. I know people who have used them on the street and you can warp these rotors.

They do make a more street oriented kit. It has thicker rotors more like the stock rotors. Call them up and talk to them, but you definitely don't want to use their drag brake setup.

Everything I got was high quality.