Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Novi on 302 to a 351. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novi on 302 to a 351.

PhEEr the 351!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Originally posted by Goliath5.0

thats what my wife looks like when ups guys stops by for the third time in a week!:D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Originally posted by regattacoupe
    thats what my wife looks like when ups guys stops by for the third time in a week!:D
    bwahahahahahaha!

:D

My old credit card statements showing mustang part purchases made me look like that too! I even turned yellow as well!

LOL :D
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Talking I'm getting ready to pull this off... Help!

I have a 432 Windsor (stroker motor) purchased from Speed-o-motive in S. California. It is a carb set up. 825 CFM Demon Carb mounted on a 351W Victor Jr intake, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 70cc aluminum heads. Compression on the motor is 10 to 1.

Please remember that I'll be running this motor in Colorado's thin air.

I have a Novi-1000 with the 2.75" pulley and an 8" crank pulley.

Suggestions or setup ideas on mounting this? I will be utilizing an electric water pump, I have no power steering or A/C to speak of on the Mustang. Should this be a straight up bolt on?
    Rice cars really do suck...

"He who lives longest with all the toys wins... the rest of you are wannabe's"

http://www.turbogm.com/Videos/Grand_Nation...onal/buick.mpeg

Carb hat suggestions?

I should be able to use a high flow bypass with this as well?

Smile Pics of where I am thus far...

A hint of things to come...

Junior SCH Member
    your engine looks good,are you planning on using the 1k on your 432?is that a 0.60 over block to get those cubes?
    im building a 351w at the moment that im putting a novi 1200 on using a carb and the c/r will be approx 8.5-1,my question is ,are you planning on putting a blower on your 10-1 engine?
    im pretty new to using superchargers so please bare with me if my questions seem abit lame
    as for your mounting issues,im not sure if the novi 1k and 1200 use the same mounting bracket ,but you should be able to buy the mounting bracket for a 1200 onto 351w from paxton
    Last edited by stevo; 03-26-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Smile Updated effort

So far the stock Novi-1000 bracket works... 3 bolts are holding it in place... might brace it up somehow. I even used the smog pump (well... it is there... LOL)

Running it at 10 to 1 won't be an issue. You won't see any detonation at the lower rpm range with aluminum heads. Then you can dial out timing... or use the SNOW Meth system.

'92 LX 5.0

TKO-600 Transmission, 8.8 31 Spline, with 3.55 gears

Motor is a 432 CUBIC INCH STROKER 351W ALL FORGED CRANK ROTATING ASSEMBLY PROFFESSIONALLY BLUEPRINT ASSEMBLY LONG BLOCK.
    The block is CNC machined, 2 pcs rear main seal, main journal are finished line bored, lifter bores are finished honed. THIS ENGINE IS FOR STREET & STRIP HI-PERFORMANCE USE WITH 10 TO 1 COMPRESSION WHEN USING 70cc HEADS. It has all the very best name brand parts...SPEEDOMOTIVE 4340 FORGED 4.170" STROKER CRANK, 6.125" LENGTH FORGED FULL FLOATING I-BEAM RODS, PROBE FORGED DISH-TOP PISTONS, TOTAL SEAL MAX MOLY DUCTILE PLASMA MOLY FILE TO FIT RINGS, CLEVITE TRI-ARMOR H-SERIES MAIN & ROD BEARINGS, BALANCED EXTERNALLY, FORD SEASONED 2BOLT BLOCK WITH EDELBROCK VICTOR 70cc ALUMINUM FULLY ASSEMBLED HEADS,
    SCE TITAN HEAD GASKETS, STAINLESS STEEL ROLLER TIP ROCKER ARMS, ARP HEAD BOLTS AND SPECIAL VALVE SPRINGS, SFI 164 TOOTH MCLEOD STANDARD TRANS FLYWHEEL, PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS 6.4" DIA. HARMONIC BALANCER, CNC MACHINED BLOCK.THE CAMSHAFT IS COMP CAMS #35-250-4 HYDRAULIC FLAT TAPPET .541 / .544 LIFT, COMP CAMS LIFTERS, MANLEY PUSHRODS. This is a Zero Deck Quench Motor Build.

Demon 825 cfm
    Victor Jr intake
    Last edited by Boostnitup; 04-24-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs up

thanks for the reply mate,
    im watching this with alot of interest as down here in new zealand this is NO ONE that i know of thats using a novi on a windsor.
    im really interested in seeing how the 1k performs on such a large engine.
    ive got the novi 1200 carbed kit for a 351 and would like to stroke the engine to 393-408 but dont know if the blower will handle it.
    i have scored a 3.33 pulley and belt,gotta be an improvement over the 3.70 pulley.
    anyway ill watch this thread with interest to see how it goes for you.
    best of luck with your build mate and ill look forward to your updates-steve

Junior SCH Member
    itll be interesting to see what sort of power the extra cubes bring,im going for 351ci using the 70cc vic jr heads and about 8-8.5 cr,i hope you keep in touch so we can compare combos-my email addy if you are interested steharz@msn.com steve

I'll update the post as the project moves forward.