Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anderson Ford Motorsports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Ford Motorsports

Junior SCH Member

Anderson Ford Motorsports

They have just come out with new tensioner for the 5.0 cars. It has a screw that pushes down on the tensioner, no more pry bars. Cost roughly about $95.00.

Started life 06/10/94 SVT Cobra #2765.

Mods: S-trim(10-11psi), Pro-M 80mm mass air, A9L processor, 30#injectors w/ FMU, aeromotive boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, Edelbrock heads*new*(1.90/1.60), B-303 cam w/ stock 1.7 cobra rockers, Probe Inndustry 7" balancer, Griffin aluminum 3 core radiator, Mac unequal-lenght shorties, o/r h-pipe, Mac cat back, MSD 6AL and boost retard, Taylor battery relocation.

Driveline: Tremec TKO w/ Hurst shifter, SPEC stage II clutch, aluminum drive-shaft, lakewood safety-loop, 3.55 gears.

Supension:Steeda lowering springs (cut 1/2coil front, 1/4 rear), Tokiko blue shocks and struts, sub-frame connectors, Steeda caster/camber plates.

Appearance:Y2K silver R's, Phantom boost, and electronic fuel pressure guages(both hidden), replaced tan carpet w/ black, Pioneer head unit, direct amp and two 10" audiobahns.

Old Dyno#'s w/ GT-40 heads and not tuned 410/400. Car had 12* base timing and the A/F was 11.0 at 3500 and kept getting richer higher in the revs.

New #'s *comming soon* with 42# injectors and a tune. Expecting 500.

Senior SCH Member
    AHHH sounds like an abor-stud styled tensioner that is used on the Paxton Novi line!
    -Chris

1991 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Goliath
    (Novi 1000/Nitrous Works Powered)
    R.I.P. its been fun friend!

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #4549
    No Name Yet...
    (Vortech S-Trim Powered!)

Yea those are neat and look like they work good. But $94.64! AFM must be proud of that thing!
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah it's a little expensive but it would be worth it in my opinion not to have to hassel with holding a pry bar and tighenting the bolts on the bracket.

Beside my bracket is all chewed up and looks like **** from using the pry bar.

Mods: S-trim(10-11psi), Pro-M 80mm mass air, A9L processor, 30#injectors w/ FMU, aeromotive boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, Edelbrock heads*new*(1.90/1.60), B-303 cam w/ stock 1.7 cobra rockers, Probe Inndustry 7" balancer, Griffin aluminum 3 core radiator, Mac unequal-lenght shorties, o/r h-pipe, Mac cat back, MSD 6AL and boost retard, Taylor battery relocation.

Driveline: Tremec TKO w/ Hurst shifter, SPEC stage II clutch, aluminum drive-shaft, lakewood safety-loop, 3.55 gears.

Supension:Steeda lowering springs (cut 1/2coil front, 1/4 rear), Tokiko blue shocks and struts, sub-frame connectors, Steeda caster/camber plates.

Appearance:Y2K silver R's, Phantom boost, and electronic fuel pressure guages(both hidden), replaced tan carpet w/ black, Pioneer head unit, direct amp and two 10" audiobahns.

Old Dyno#'s w/ GT-40 heads and not tuned 410/400. Car had 12* base timing and the A/F was 11.0 at 3500 and kept getting richer higher in the revs.

SCH Member
    Look on corral about this, huge post about it. One guy tells you how to make your own for under $5. I'm going to make one just as soon as I have a chance.
    93 LX
    R331/AFR 205/Vic 5.0/? psi

It would be alot cheaper to fabricate it than to buy it. It's really a no brainer piece.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Know what I think it looks like? A roller rocker cut in half.;)
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

Senior SCH Member
    It sure does doesn't it. :D

Senior SCH Member
    It looks solid! I do like it!!!!! Better than messing with the ol' pry bar and scarin' up the tensioner... But 94.xx bones... OUCH! Ohh well it looks like an easy piece to fab! Either way... I will probably end up buying it LOL!!!!
    -Chris

Goliath

No Name Yet...

Hmmm

It looks easy enough to make. 95 bucks is a bit high. Should be more like 49.95.:D
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    It does look easy enough to make, I'll check the corral and see what's being said over there. $5 sure beats$95.

Junior SCH Member
    Here is the link.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...hreadid=214990

I am waiting for someone to say they are ready to ship. I WANT ONE!:D
    **93 Calypso Green LX 5.0, 1 of 654**
    BBK Ceramic coated shorties, Stainless H-pipe, Flowmaster catback, underdrive pullies, and 3:55 gears!

**89 LX 5.0**
    Vortech S-Trim with AFM Powerpipe, Pro-M with 36lb injectors, Kirban AFPR, FMS ceramic coated headers, Hedman Offroad H-Pipe, Flowmaster Catback, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, 3.73 gears, and a few gauges!

**90 LX 2.3**
    88hp of one wheel spinning fury. The best 835.79 spent so far!

Senior SCH Member
    Me too!
    -Chris

Goliath

No Name Yet...

Anderson makes great products but man are they proud of there stuff. Always so overpriced!
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Junior SCH Member
    Yea, I bet it could be made for A LOT cheaper, and could be tailored to a specific need or set-up as well.