Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fuel pressure with 24ers
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fuel pressure with 24ers

fuel pressure with 24ers

i have had a butt load of problems with my fuel pressure

what do you suggest i set my fuel pressure on with 24s-having a hell of a time just guessing

my mods are: 1991 gt, stock h/c/i, 24s, 75mm matched mass air meter, 65mm tb, f-150 pulley, headers, o/r h-pipe, 5speed tranny, msd6a, msd coil, 3.73, mac upper and lowers, centerforce clutch

also does any body think i can beat a stock 96 cobra on a 75shot of spray-I think i can but all of my buddies dont

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Set your Fuel pressure at about 39-40lbs with the vacuum dis-connected. I hope your using an FMU with those 24lb inj.
    Also you should be able to take a stock 96 twin-cam Cobra with no spray. BUT if you do spray and your running 8 lbs of boost with the F-150 pulley you WILL deffinately beat your buddie at needing to install a new engine. (or head gaskets)
    NO NITROUS with your stock set-up unless you have money for a new engine.:D
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

no man, my buddy with the cobra has a 75 shot on his car and wants to race me

im running the blower-without spray-

sorry for he misunderstanding

but ill try that and hit you back

You should run circles around him. Keep us posted!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Sweet. Nothing drives up the credit card like a home town pony car war!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Aint that the truth Brent!
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

APV, you should be fine. Those 96 Cobras are pretty slow unless you mod them pretty heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

If and when you race that cobra film it and post it for us that would be sweet. A bone stock 5.0 with the little Novi should never be under estimated
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Sorry about the mis-understanding, I would put my money on your stock NOVI blown car against a 96 Cobra with a 75 shot.
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana

Junior SCH Member
    what up scott. just for the record i own the 96 cobra he wants 2 race. and this is what is has done;1996 cobra # 42 , white w/ blck leather. 30,000 miles
    mods,
    roush cold air kit,ngk tr-6 plugs,190lph fuel pump, flowmaster american thunder catback, ,pacesetter offroad h-pipe,saleen S-281 wing,Pro 5.0 shifter,spec stage 2 clutch,aluminium driveshaft, prothane tranny mount,maxspeed 2" lowering springs' 18x9 chrome bullit wheels,
    13.7@103mph 2.053 60ft on street tires(before the aluminum drive shaft, spec clutch and tranny mount and nitrous. i am running a nitrous express wet 75 shot now, with a 100 octane race gas mixed with 91

Sounds nice! I think apv-stang and you will put on a good show :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

[ sold... ]

Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

Junior SCH Member
    no one else has anthing 2 say? u guys talked a lot of *edited by Moderator* on 96 cobras until i posted!!!! run circles around me?im waiting?
    Last edited by 5150 LX; 12-08-2003 at 06:17 PM.

Originally posted by cobra96dohc
    no one else has anthing 2 say? u guys talked a lot of *edited by Moderator* on 96 cobras until i posted!!!! run circles around me?im waiting?
    I'll step forward......Where do you live ? Lets do it !

I'll show you what a 'Little NOVI' can do to your Cobra.......

I meant you personally or your Cobra no dis-respect.......but please don't bash us by saying "We talked alot" . There are some sweet and fast cars here.
    Last edited by frank woodall; 12-09-2003 at 12:11 PM.
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana

cobra96dohc Welcome to the site
    sounds like you have a beautiful car.(sounds like it runs well too) We meant no harm in anything we said. Truth be known i'd love to have one of those 96's.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Originally posted by cobra96dohc
    Glad I checked this thread again :) I saw what you post and this is what I have to say about it.

Okay man... I say HE WILL RUN CIRCLES AROUND YOU!. However that is my opinion. As you explained what your mods were, I still say even with those mods including only a 75 shot off of a wet kit, I still don't think you are bringing enough to the table to put a whooping on him.

There are a lot of factors and reasons why I predict the outcome as such, to name a couple... the weight difference in both cars. Unless you have gutted out your 96 cobra, it is a tad heavier than a full weight fox gt. Also another factor, would be actual racing experience against a car like yours (not a 96 but a 98 cobra) but with more nitrous (125 shot / dry kit) and different wheel combo (this 98 cobra was on drag stars w/ nitto DR's).
    I ran a buddies a-trim'd 90 LX coupe against him with practically the same mods as APV-Stang (stock h/c/i, etc) for the exception of his car being a coupe and him having chrome ponies w/ drag radials. Needless to say the 98 cobra stayed with me until the first part of third gear and then I pulled him after the first part of third and beyond, this was a highway race all the way till 4th gear and by that point he was rear view mirror food.

Comparing this and other similar experiences like it, is why I predict such.

Bring a 125 to 150 shot, then I say you MIGHT have a darn good chance. 96-98 cobras are awesome cars, PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG BY MY POST.

I am just stating my opinion, if you beat him AWESOME, if he beats you I give the same merit.

Welcome to the site :)
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 12-08-2003 at 09:54 PM.
    Chris...

[ sold... ]