Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fuel pressure with 24ers - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fuel pressure with 24ers

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Originally posted by Goliath5.0
    Glad I checked this thread again :) I saw what you post and this is what I have to say about it.

Okay man... I say HE WILL RUN CIRCLES AROUND YOU!. However that is my opinion. As you explained what your mods were, I still say even with those mods including only a 75 shot off of a wet kit, I still don't think you are bringing enough to the table to put a whooping on him.

There are a lot of factors and reasons why I predict the outcome as such, to name a couple... the weight difference in both cars. Unless you have gutted out your 96 cobra, it is a tad heavier than a full weight fox gt. Also another factor, would be actual racing experience against a car like yours (not a 96 but a 98 cobra) but with more nitrous (125 shot / dry kit) and different wheel combo (this 98 cobra was on drag stars w/ nitto DR's).
    I ran a buddies a-trim'd 90 LX coupe against him with practically the same mods as APV-Stang (stock h/c/i, etc) for the exception of his car being a coupe and him having chrome ponies w/ drag radials. Needless to say the 98 cobra stayed with me until the first part of third gear and then I pulled him after the first part of third and beyond, this was a highway race all the way till 4th gear and by that point he was rear view mirror food.

Comparing this and other similar experiences like it, is why I predict such.

Bring a 125 to 150 shot, then I say you MIGHT have a darn good chance. 96-98 cobras are awesome cars, PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG BY MY POST.

I am just stating my opinion, if you beat him AWESOME, if he beats you I give the same merit.

Welcome to the site :)
    Don't forget I want some.......
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Junior SCH Member
    the thing is u only know what he tells u about the car!he only gets maybe 6 pounds of boost. and the fastest ive seen him run at the track is a 13.7 at 102. on slicks. i dont know but even with launching problems his mph should be more in the 106-114 range. i dont think fuel pressure would slow him down that much. im not dogging on his car cause i know it has potential, but it needs tunining,in my opionion. maybe with a good run it might be a high 12 second car.were also gonna be racing from a roll caus on street tires i dont have any traction, i canlight them up from a 50 mph 2nd gear roll just hammering it with the clutchout.what do u guys think he is gonaa run anyway? i have a freind with a 96 cobra that ran a 12.4 at 114 on a nos 75 dry shot, and i can be him by 3 or 4 car lentghs on the motor.also my car was onwned by roush for 4 years and im not sure but my friends think it might have port work and maybe 3.55's just judging by how fast it feels, after the clutch and driveshaft i beat an ss that ran a 13.4 on motor
    Last edited by cobra96dohc; 12-09-2003 at 03:12 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    dont think that i dont think novi 1000's have potential but i dont think that a stock block gt is gonna beat me and if so definatly not run cirlces around me!!! frank woodall i know u could beat me! u have a little more than a few bolt ons? what do u run anyway?im in missouri.

damn matt
    nothing like pissing a couple of people off

i also have been 8lbs of boost not 6

i think this crap is getting funny

Junior SCH Member
    i try

Here's how we resolve this like gentlemen.

The both of you need to go to the track, whoever get's the best of 2 outta 3 will have bragging rights until the other add more mod's.

We can internet race all day and nothing will be resolved :D

Junior SCH Member
    snow?i dont have ice tires for my car!!!!! the track is closed

excuses excuses

just swap the boggers and lets go for it;)

Junior SCH Member
    i might have 2 order me a set!!!!

thats not all you should order-i.e.-blower

I ran 11.77@117 mph on 7psi so don't let a low boost # fool ya. Stock pullies btw.

APV get a set of heads and an intake and hold on tight!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    what else did u have done 2 ur car? what kind of heads and intake, did u have a built motor

stock shortblock 302/twisted wedge heads and a holley intake.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Originally posted by cobra96dohc
    dont think that i dont think novi 1000's have potential but i dont think that a stock block gt is gonna beat me and if so definatly not run cirlces around me!!! frank woodall i know u could beat me! u have a little more than a few bolt ons? what do u run anyway?im in missouri.
    Thats cool, Missouri is a little far for me. I was hoping you were a little closer.:D
    The guy's on this site are all good guys and I have never heard any bad-mouthing of each others cars, so you 2 obviously know each other, so thats cool for you 2 to do it but don't bring the whole site into your bashing in general. We're all here for fun and support to each other.
    This is also a site for "Blown Cars" (and a few trucks) But since you have a nice Cobra and you do show a interest in racing and modifying your car........Welcome to the site !
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

:werd: well put Frank!

cobra96dohc: Cool man. I agree with Sean, just run both cars when the track opens up again. Also, fuel pressure has a LOT to do with the performance of a boosted car as well as any other app (nitrous, n/a). APV-Stang is probably in need of a good tune. Typically, when you run slicks you tend to loose a couple of mph, versus being on a drag radials.

As for the Novi-1000 being able to step up to the plate it can and I can attest for my car being one of them.
    15 psi from my little Novi-1k and 100 shot of nitrous from a nitrous express wet kit. Never had to use the juice on the street. I used the juice more in the tuning phase when I was trying to get things right for the car versus actual battle mode :)

PLUS we have numerous 120+ mile novi 1k cars in the mix and other up and coming superstars.

[plug in] IMO the Novi-1000 is the best bang for your buck in entry level forced induction. [/plug in]

APV-STANG: I suggest you get your car tuned properly before you run cobra96dohc. If he beats you while you car is not tuned properly it will remain a purse slapping contest. Don't do the mistake of hurrying up to race someone when your car is not 100% ready. You will regret it, either by a bruised ego or a blown motor.

To the future winner of the above mentioned race : Congratulations, no matter who wins, COBRA96DOHC or APV-STANG... remember you drive a mustang... MUSTANG's are cooler than slowmaros LOL! :D

[puts flame suit on / standing by]

LOL :D
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: