Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
head selection

Thread: head selection

Junior SCH Member

head selection

Anyone have a good idea for a set of heads for a 306 and a Anderson stage 2 S-trim. And a B-41 cam. holley intake.

Well in my opinion, you can't beat AFR-185's for out of the box stock heads! That's what I run and I love them. They flow real nice and have a 3/4 inch thick deck which is ideal for power adders like a blower. Good luck.:D
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Senior SCH Member
    AFR 185's or some TFS would work just fine.

I'm just curious what is the stage 2 S-trim?
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

AFR's all the way :)

musclestang89: Anderson Ford offers "packages" that contain blower kits, bypass valves, basically different offerings than what comes in a stock kit. I think you can even order a kit that comes 100% complete even with a PMS setup.

Ian

AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR AFR ......it's the only way to go.

Junior SCH Member
    Guys I really appreciate the response I will order the afr catalog today. If there are any other hints that you can give a beginner all info. is really appreciated. By the way Ian I was going to order the pms system on the stage 2 kit. Unless anyone has another system in mind, or has had any problems with it.

AFR, TFS TW, or Edelbrock Victor Jr, all good heads for that combo.

We put together a somewhat similar combo to yours in the past, a stock shortblock, with an Anderson B4 cam (same as the TFS Stage 2 cam), Edelbrock Victor Jr's, Holley intake, 75mm TB, 1 3/4 full lengths, full fuel system with 50# injectors, 80mm MAF, and a T-trim pushing 15#'s of boost, and it put down 603 to the wheels.

Hope this helps,
    Jim
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard

I really like TFS but it is hard to beat AFR for the bolt-n-go factor. You can't go wrong with any of them though.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D