Thread: lil more power

Junior SCH Member

lil more power

Hey guys,

I was throwing around the idea of building a stroker and a built block. But my car only has 63k miles and the blower has only been on for maybe 500? I made good numbers for what my combo is I think, but id like a lil more. Id like to see more power and boost with a powerpipe maybe but im not sure if my stock block will like that. Would swapping to long tubes and switching to a rpm upper intake help any at all?? If I did change those two things, would my AF ratio change at all?? I was at 12:1 flat across the board with my 36's and no fmu. If I have to I would up size but would rather not. Would maybe a 3.33 size pulley help me see like 14# of boost, or would that be too much for the block to take, and I would rather not void the blower warrentee. I have a safe tune now, would I be ok if i made closer to 500 rwhp with still a safe tune?? Well let me know guys!! thanx!!

:spit:
    Don-

1994 GT Canary Yellow 5spd
    Novi2k,gt40x's,e303,performer intake,etc etc
    454 rwhp 435 rwtq
    best ET 11.6 best MPH 121.4

Junior SCH Member
    The long tube headers and an RPM intake would definitely be beneficial in adding more power. The powerpipe and an 80mm Pro-m will help increase the boost without voiding your warranty. As far as the A/F ratio, these changes will make your car run a little leaner, you'll have to bump up the fuel pressure more.
    Drive it like you stole it!!!

Junior SCH Member
    I already do have a 80mm pro m, Do you think my stock bottom end would be ok with a powerpipe if i got 42# injectors??

Originally posted by beecha91
    I already do have a 80mm pro m, Do you think my stock bottom end would be ok with a powerpipe if i got 42# injectors??
    The power pipe is going to maybe give you 1 or 2 pounds of boost around 6200 rpm. If you are trying to get down the quearter mile quicker, I would suggest you work on the suspension. 12.2@122??? I have a power pipe on mine and I also have 36# injectors.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    The 12.2 @ 122 was my best with the shot t-5 i had to work with. I was surprised i even got that far. I have to shift in first gear at 4 grand or other wise it wont go into second gear. lol

Junior SCH Member
    Your motor should be fine. It only has 63k on it. The 5.0 motor will take alot of abuse before they'll let go. I have 79k on mine. No problems here.
    Drive it like you stole it!!!