Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil on blower inlet!!!!(pics) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil on blower inlet!!!!(pics)

Junior SCH Member
    well, the discharge tube has a slight oily coating, not heavy **** like that. Plus, i find it hard to believe, that oil sludge like that could get thru the blow off valve, up, the tubing, make the turn and then end up on the intake elbow.

Paxton should have gotten the unit today. We'll see what happens.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Yeah, just thinking through the keyboard. It's hard to diagnose some problems unless you're there. Hopefully paxton can get this straightened out.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

"shipping a 25lb object from nj to cali isn't cheap, especially if you can't wait 4 weeks to get it there and back."
    this is so true and i had to send mine back 3 times!!!!!!!!!! i had to pay all 3 times and they said that they would pay for shipping but would have to wait like 3-4 weeks to have a UPS guy pick it up?? well either way this is how i solved my problem, 1st time it was a mechanical problem, 2nd was a blown seal and the third was another seal... so i over looked a few things and noticed that the oil return line was "U" necked and being that their kits use gravety to have the oil return to the pan, it was backing up into the SCer and blowing out anywhere it can, since ive cut the hose shorter i havent had a single problem with my 1000, ill trade head units with ya though if ya want :)
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

Junior SCH Member
    Im still waiting. I haven't heard a damn thing about the condition or status even after 3 emails. I will have to start long distance phone calls on my dime now. This whole thing is really starting to piss me off.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Junior SCH Member
    well, paxton played ball. New case, new volute, bearings, seals and impellar. Only thing they didn't replace was the gears.

lets hope this thing is correct when i get it back.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Junior SCH Member
    Quadcammer, Have you gotten your novi back yet? Mine has begun to leak oil everywhere and I am going to call about mine this week. I got mine back in October and only have around 400 miles on it. I was wondering if the rebuild was successful.

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i recieved it back about 1.5 weeks ago. I have not put it back on the car as the motor is apart, but they replaced almost everything so i hope its ok.

goodluck with yours.

fwiw, i only had to pay shipping one way, the rest was covered.
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Junior SCH Member
    I called yesterday and got a return #, so I guess I'll pull it tomorrow and ship it off. I live in Florida so any break on shipping will be good. I might as well put the old powerdyne on run some test and tunes because this time of year we get our best air and I can work on fuel and traction.

Senior SCH Member
    i just found out tonight that my 1000 is doing the same thing. i called paxton up and it will be $359 to rebuild it. if i have to rebuild it i'm just going to sell it and then go the NA route. tired of blow by and blower problems. would it be ok to just run it like this. all it is doing is letting oil in the inlet, right?