Thread: Lost heating/AC vent controls.

Junior SCH Member

Unhappy Lost heating/AC vent controls.

First off let me say Hi. I found this forum through a search engine, while trying to trouble shoot the problem in the threads title.

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 w/ 6.0L. Over the weekend a PS1sc was installed, since installation I have been having trouble with my AC/Heating controls, when I first start the truck everything is fine, after driving around for a few minutes I am unable to make changes to the vent positions ie; can't change the vent from floor to defrost etc. The only thing I have found to fix it is to let it sit for a few hours. My assumption is that the vent controls are vacuum actuated and the boost is causing problems. If this is correct any ideas on how to fix? I have heard of check valves for vacuum lines but am having trouble finding any info online.

Also I am still playing with the FMU for max power but am afraid of leaning too much. I have a pyrometer installed, any ideas on optimal egt? Currently about 1200 deg, have seen as high as 1300 at full throttle/boost. Thanks in advance for any info.

Jason

Junior SCH Member
    Nevermind on the heating thing it's something else, called Chevy today and found out the heating system is all electric. Strange that the heating system started acting up the same day the charger was installed, maybe we knocked something in the fuse center when we were wiring in the fuel pump. Still interested in Exhaust gas temps for air/fuel ratio though. Thanks, Jason

Did you ever fix the heater? What did it end up being? My guess is that if it was somewhat of a common problem on that car, you could have just bumped something and that was all it took to make it fail... you sped up the process a little bit.

As far as exhaust temp, I'm pretty sure that you want it to stay around 1200-1300. Weather will change this number consideribly beleive it or not, but as long as you don't hit 1400+ for any extended period of time, you should be okay. At 1400+ you can warp your exhaust valves.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums!
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it's fixed, but it has been working for the last day or so just fine, I have not been able to purposely screw it up. I guess it fixed itself, either way next time it is going to the dealer as it is obviosly not related to the blower.

Thanks for the info on the egt, I think I am having problems with my aux fuel pump as I am only seeing 70psi fuel pressure at max boost and should be getting 80+. Today during a run in 2nd gear at full boost 9psi (almost redline on the tach) I was tipping 1400deg on egt with the FMU set full rich and fuel pressure around 68-70psi. I am waiting for a reply from Procharger tech assist right now. Any ideas on what I should be looking at. Thanks again and great site!

Junior SCH Member
    Everything is fixed. Stupid move on my part aux pump was not getting 12V it was hooked up wrong. It's all better now. It's pretty cool to be in a 6000lb 4x4 that can reach 60mph in just over 7 sec. I am guessing some where in the high 14's for the 1/4, not that I care it is mostly for towing anyway, it should give most of the little rice burners a run for their money though.

awesome! that sounds like a cool truck!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Man, that's nice... glad you got it all figured out and everything is working, always nice when everything comes together. You should post some pic's and/or vid's if you get a chance... those are ALWAYS welcome :)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    Yep it is running sweet now, hopefully I didn't hurt to much running with the stock pump alone for a few days. I wasn't boosting much so I think it's fine. I need to get a digi cam. The local track around here is closed to the public in the winter as far as I know. I would like to get a couple runs down the 1/4 just for grins. I noticed, most of you guys are Mustang/track enthusiasts anybody else on here have trucks?

you are it! and i think it is very cool! i wanna see kenne bell some lightning guys!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D