Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coil over impressions on the street with 17x8's?

Thanks again man.

I just need to find some axels now! I can get em locally for 40 bucks a pop, but it seems like I would rather just spend the 200 on a set of hardened ones.

I just got back from dallas, with my set of prostars. Brand new wheels, 26x10.5 et streest that still have molding nipples on the actual tread. and front runners. all open end lug nuts, with a few extras, centercaps, and a brand new set of lincoln rotors. All for 600 bucks! On my way to dallas, I stoped in gainsville and sold my chrome ponies to a dude for , get this, 500 bucks. :)

So I'm pretty much into a brand new set of wheels and tires, with half my conversion for 100 bucks. :)

That means I'll have plenty of doe to go ahead and get the snypers on the way here also! Just need to find someone that has the 17x9's in stock.
    90 strawberry coupe

no problem brandon, im glad i can help. that a great deal you ran across on those prostars loaded with tires! plus the pony sale, good job! the hardened axles are not a bad idea. im going to get a set of hardened axles myself along with the c-clip eliminaters. prolly somtime after the newyear. i totally passed off the idea of rear disc due to my drag wheels now, cant see 'em anyways. plus the fact that the weaker drums really help let loose to heat up the tires at the track....
    heres a couple companies that sell the ROH wheels as well:

WWW.mustangsunlimited.com
    www.hpmotorsports.com

all the companies are fairly close to each other in price, but i would think the availability would be more important! give them a shout, id really like to see ya get the 8"front/9"rear setup. im positive you would be more happy than with the 8" at all 4 corners!

-justin
    Last edited by mygt8a4re; 12-13-2003 at 05:36 PM. Reason: (fixed URL)

I agree, I can hold out until some one has em, thats what I want for sure! For christmas, the grand parents said they would put 200 buck towards what ever I wanted on the car, so now I just need to find someone that has em. :)

I also need to decide on a set of tires. I think inexpensive but quality is on the list. I'm not much for name brand, unless it's bfg's. :)
    90 strawberry coupe

i used to have bbk cobra r's on my car and i loved the comp ta's they had on them!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

i hear ya there brandon. go to the corral & search for "jeffo". you can find him in the classifieds(wheels/tires) selling brand name tires for an unbelieveable discount. th3 even carry some offbrand tires that are incredibly priced. i believe he works for a discount tire center & wholesales all these tires on the corral....great prices!

-justin

yeah, I've seen him on there justin, I plan to get in touch with him. My main thought was too if they should match front to back. Tread that is. :)

Back to the coilovers, do you know anything about the x2c stuff? They are selling front a rear coilovers for 259 plus shipping. Appers to be good stuff.

Brent, thanks for the info. I too have enjoyed a couple sets of comp ta's
    90 strawberry coupe

yeah, ive seen them advertised for that amount(x2c). check ebay 1st, ive seen coilover kits cheap there.
    as far as front/rear matching tread, i personally dont think it really matters. at 1st i had the nitto drag radials rear with the nitto nt555's up front. the tread matched but it really didnt matter. after that i started running different front tires & tried different drag radial manufacturers. everything ive done thus far looked fine together. right now i have some cheap futura brand tires on the front with the BFG drag radials in the rear. totally different tread patterns yet looks fine. its so common to see different tread designs front to rear on mustang these days. so many people are running 2 different size rims so they end up mismatching tires. plus alot of people get drag radials in the rear while thier front tires are commonly 30-50k mile tires so they dont replace those, thus again having mismatching treads.......just thought id throw it out there. doesnt hurt appearance really.............

-justin

which coilovers do you like justin? I've had afco and hal to date.
    90 strawberry coupe

truthfully brandon, im pretty new to coilovers. this is my 1st set on my mustang. im very happy with the quality of my UPR coilovers. ive heard all these stories of people complaining about clunking sounds after thier install. i did my install in a couple hours & have no noise what-so-ever. mabey its the brand, mabey its the install!? well, i take that back, i have heard the "top out" sound when my car hooks & the front lifts to max lift. but thats from the 90/10's allowing the front to lift.........but when i was researching them i ran across a ton of good deals on them on ebay, including the x2c stuff. i have heard good things about thier quality as well. great bang for the buck it appears........

-justin

hmmm, I'll have to start searching ebay more.

On a side note, I havn't been able to find snypers on ebay. lol

just as soon as I have the wheels and tires situated, I'll bolt the blower on, then it'll be on to the suspension. I'll just cross that bridge when I get there.
    90 strawberry coupe