Thread: ? for Ian, and other tfs cam users

Senior SCH Member

? for Ian, and other tfs cam users

I am thinking of going with the new ebock head, I have a tfs street heat intake I am not sure which ebock head I will go with 2.02 or the 1.90 intake, not sure if they are both smog legal. Which leads me to the other ? are both the tfs 1 and 2 cam smog legal? I think I saw that Ian passed emissions, but cant remember if that was with the 1 or 2 cam. I will be running 8.5:1 compression on the new block, and will have notched pistons, so I dont think clearance will be a problem
    Thanks, Greg
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    MSD Coil 90/10 Front Shocks,
    50/50 Rear Shocks, 3.55 Gears,
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated
    Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats Cervini Cowl/Ram Air hood ,17" Cobra R wheels

Hi Greg,

I passed my e-test with no EGR, PCV, ect.. I did have the air pump pumping air to the high flow cats, and I was using the Trick Flow Stage 2 cam..

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    thanks Ian, I am going with edel new 1.90 head, tfs stage 2 cam, did you use stock length push rods, I will be using hardened rods?
    Thanks, again
    Greg
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated

Hey Greg,

I used 6.390 pushrods (I actually still have them, and for sale) You will need to use a 1 piece hardened pushrod - I like Comp and Crane.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    so the ford motorsport rods would be too small? with edelbrock heads? I had a buddy with a 95 cobra, he went with edelbrock heads, crane 2031 cam, the rods were too small, crane said the base circle of the cam is smaller then others, is this true with tfs cams, also looking at the crower cams
    T-Rex inline fuel pump

I cannot say 100% in your case, but with my AFR 165's, comp cams 1.6 magnums and the stage 2 cam I needed 6.390. You will have to get the tool and measure them out to make 100% sure.

Ian