Thread: Vortech FMU calibration kit question

SCH Member

Vortech FMU calibration kit question

I am intalling my V2-SQ this weekend. I am almost done and have a couple of questions. I ordered the recalibration kit that comes with all the disc for my FMU. There are no numbers on any of the discs how do I know which is which. Are the larger discs the bigger ratios? I am hooking up the boost retard to the MSD6AL I had on the car already. I think I have it figured out anybody who knows for sure how to hook it up would be apreciated thanks Mike

Senior SCH Member

FMU CAL

19 # disc should measure 2.72" diameter...24 # non-cobra should measure 2.22(Cobra 2.47) 30# 1.85 diam & 38-42's 1.59" diam..I think that should cover it...

SCH Member
    thanks this place has been great for helping me. Frank helped me with my electrical also,and thanks for the FMU help

SCH Member
    hey send a sound clip when its running ;o)

SCH Member
    I don't know how to send a sound clip. :( someday I will have to learn. It is pretty quiet you can here a slight whistling sound at Idle. It revs pretty quick and runs very hard. I am very happy with the performance.

SCH Member
    do you have the anderson power pipe on it??

SCH Member
    Yes I installed it at the same time as the SQ. You can see the gold power pipe under the discharge tube
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    looks sweet !! is it noisy? tell me about it.. wheres the most acceleration that you feel? did u have it dynoed yet? what else do you got, tell me all :D

SCH Member
    let me elaberate a little on the third sentence, where do you feel the the most pull, at which rpm's? did it help out the low end at all?

SCH Member
    No it isn't noisy but you can here it. When it warms up it is louder than cold. It is pretty stealth. It didn't hurt the low end I have 4.10 gears which I am changing out for 3.73 gears next week because I can't make it through the 1/4 mile. Lets just say when the tires are cool from a roll in 3rd gear at around 40 when you hit it the back end goes sideways. :) From about 2500 or 3000 up it starts to pull hard the higher you rev it the more it pulls. It pulls HARD above 5. My engine isn't stock my sig shows the mods. I havn't dynoed it yet or ever I am not sure if I will I might just buy a wide band O2 sensor. When you install your's remember to change your plugs and regap them. I forgot on mine and was getting a miss. The nice thing about these blowers is when you aren't on the gass in mine it drives like it did before I installed the blower. I am still amazed at the power this thing added and I am real conservitive on the timming.You are going to love it your car is going to turn into a beast LOL
    1969 Mustang coupe. 428 FE NOS 10.30 at 130 mph. 1991 LX hatch 302, GT40X ported,Trickflow street heat,E-cam 1.7's, GFORCE T-5. 31 spline with 3.73's. Vortech V2-SQ with AFM powerpipe.Snow Performance Boost Cooler. Daily Driver 11.41 at 124.00. Now a 331