Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

feb 5.0 mag. Bad to the bone article... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: feb 5.0 mag. Bad to the bone article...

......wish i could turn up the boost to 19#s... :( maybe sometime ill buy a novi2k. after a new short block that is :)
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

I'm looking forward to turning my 2k up. :)
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    this is kinda neat going back thru my old web pages and pics from years ago with this combo, amazing how things progress, kinda glad I kept kinda like a journal of pics........hehe. hopefully they helped the newer guys coming up pic the correct parts for there combos.
    Spence

8.96/160

spence, you car has made such a progression! I've followed it over the years to some degree. I guess all your stuff is at hartracing?
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    Brandon,
    the page is not up on the site(linked), but the page can be found here http://www.hartracing.com/stang.htm this was the last it was updated before it broke the stock block.

I did a video thing over on superstallions a few weeks ago, was pretty neat for me anyway to go back into the past.
    http://www.superstallions.com/forum/tm.asp?m=8328
    Spence

8.96/160

<~~ always like to learn from someone thats done it already, ITS CHEAPER!

I'll check em out. I've always wanted to get to see and hear about your car a little more. Tim has told me quite a bit about it, but I've only been able to read the couple articles and your site. I've always liked the way you've done things.
    90 strawberry coupe

Spence, thanks for the links, awsome stuff. I hope to keep a nice record of the buildup of my new car.

Man was that old s-trim loud as all get out. The shorties and 2.5" exhaust is amazing also.

I'll shot you a pm somtime to pick your mind about a couple things. :)
    90 strawberry coupe

I once heard it as "Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall....Torque is how far you take the wall with you" or something to that effect.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

that last saying is great! im going to have to use it aswell :)

Junior SCH Member
    it sounds like the numbers are backwards. My friends Novi made 605rwhp and 470 some odd ft/lbs of torque. My bet is a misprint...

I'm going with you...that's gotta be a typo. 610 rwhp and 470 rwtq makes way more sense. It's just not possible for a centrifugal blown 306 to make that much torque at such a low rpm while making 470 rwhp....turbo or roots blower...maybe, but not with a centrifugal.

Senior SCH Member
    ok guys, here is something else, with a stick you will not see as much torque on the dyno as you would an automatic, with an auto the torque will be high and spike until the converter is locked then it will steadily decrease. you all say those numbers couldnt be true, well here is my dyno sheet from Andersons from back in the late 90s, this pretty much speaks for itself.

Spence

8.96/160

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spence
    ok guys, here is something else, with a stick you will not see as much torque on the dyno as you would an automatic, with an auto the torque will be high and spike until the converter is locked then it will steadily decrease. you all say those numbers couldnt be true, well here is my dyno sheet from Andersons from back in the late 90s, this pretty much speaks for itself.
    Excellent point Spence. I forgot it was an auto...even still I had no idea about this characteristic with auto equipped cars (haven't seen very many dyno sheets from autos). After seeing your dyno run that clears things up. Thanks for helping to make sense of it. ;)

Was that motor they ran those numbers with a 302? Like I said before I am putting a chevy into my car, and a Destroked motor builds alot more torque than hp. So maybe they have a destroked motor..???? I am going to have a 377 Destroker :) It's a 400 block with a 350 crank, 6" rods Bigger bore shorter stroke. Builds torque..

I wonder if you can do a 351 w/ a 302 crank.. ????
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)