Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
More Boost.

Thread: More Boost.

SCH Member

More Boost.

I have a New 8 Rib NOVI 1000 for my Mustang. I have already purchased the 8" crank Pulley and Power Pipe for it to give it a few more LBS of Boost. What else can be done to it besides these to things.

Pictures and Modifications.

Long Live Blades.

5.?

Your only other option at this point is to go with a smaller blower pulley, however this will void your warranty if your unit is still covered.

You may want to consider doing a h2o/methanol injection for a bit more power or if you are really brave, slap a small shot of nitrous on top of the blower :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Your only other option at this point is to go with a smaller blower pulley, however this will void your warranty if your unit is still covered.

You may want to consider doing a h2o/methanol injection for a bit more power or if you are really brave, slap a small shot of nitrous on top of the blower :D

Ha ha ha! I was thinking about a small shot of nitrous with the Blower but I only have Stock Internals and My AFR Heads are not O ringed. I would not want to chance anything. How many extra Lbs of Boost is the Blower pulley good for??

Pictures and Modifications.

Long Live Blades.

5.?

It shoud make a solid 10 lbs of boost with a powerpipe and the 8' crank pulley.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Thumbs up

Nothing wrong with adding a 50 shot from a wet kit :)
    It is all in the tune.

I ran a 15 psi off of the older single belt version, and a 100 shot from a nitrous work wet kit on a stock block w/stock internals on a h/c/i/blahblahblah setup.

-Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 12-16-2003 at 05:35 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Quote Originally Posted by SN95BLK
    Ha ha ha! I was thinking about a small shot of nitrous with the Blower but I only have Stock Internals and My AFR Heads are not O ringed. I would not want to chance anything. How many extra Lbs of Boost is the Blower pulley good for??
    The amount of boost you get depends on the size of blower pulley but the next logical size would be the 3.25 which I think would get you 2-3lbs of boost.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath5.0
    Nothing wrong with adding a 50 shot from a wet kit :)
    It is all in the tune.

I ran a 15 psi off of the older single belt version, and a 100 shot from a nitrous work wet kit on a stock block w/stock internals on a h/c/i/blahblahblah setup.

-Chris
    I tried to run 13 pounds of boost and an 80 shot. It split my block down the lifter valley. Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    I tried to run 13 pounds of boost and an 80 shot. It split my block down the lifter valley. Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Like I said papa, it's all in the tune

:D

I always wanted a novi 2000 :( Come on Doug, Christmas is almost here! I am looking at this one stangy in particular that I might snag. :)
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 12-17-2003 at 06:16 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

"Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K"

Apposed to false boost from a Novi1K?
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Well that was just a joke really. However if you have 10 Psi from a 1000 and 10 Psi from a 2000 on the same motor the 2000 will walk the 1000 everytime due to effiency.

How does your car run by the way?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D