Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need opinions on fuel system, getting heads and intake soon

Thread: Need opinions on fuel system, getting heads and intake soon

Junior SCH Member

Need opinions on fuel system, getting heads and intake soon

Right now I have a 89 with the stock heads, cam, and intake. I already have a explorer intake waiting and I am getting a set of Y303 GT40 heads. I run a NOVI 1000 with 30 lb injectors and a 190 intank. I plan to up the boost on the NOVI after I put everything on too, around 8 psi.

Question is, will the 30s be enough? I know the 190 pump will not be enough. I already have an autologic chip in it so I dont run the FMU. Id like to stay that way and go bigger on the injectors if I have to.

Help me figure out how to go on the fuel side of my set up. Thanks

190 lph fuel pump is good! Personally I would prefer the gss340 High Pressure 255LPH in-tank fuel pump. With that pump (gss340)you can always grow into it. I used the gss340 needless to say.

30# injectors are fine, I used them, but I used them along with an fmu with a 6:1 disc in it.

42# injectors would be the way to go without having to worry about skimping on the injectors. 30# injectors without an FMU is do'able, however with 42# injectors that will be a good selection and good planning for the future as I am more than sure you might want to up the boost yet again. :)

so in closing...

190lph is good, but a 255lph gss340 would be ideal, IMO.
    30# injectors are okay, but 42# injectors would be the way :)

Get the 42# injectors, NO FMU, and get a walbro gss340 255lph "high pressure" in-tank fuel pump, and a nice dyno tune, no need for a chip IMO. A dyno tune would be the key! But if you insist on having a chip, see a reputable autologic tuner to maximize the use of your chip.

Hope this helps,
    -Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 12-19-2003 at 06:32 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath5.0

Get the 42# injectors, NO FMU, and get a walbro gss340 255lph "high pressure" fuel pump, and a nice dyno tune, no need for a chip IMO. A dyno tune would be the key! But if you insist on having a chip, see a reputable tuner autologic tuner to maximize the use of your chip.

Hope this helps
    -Chris
    I figured on going with a 255 and bigger injectors. I dont understand what you mean by a dyno tune and chip tune. I had the car on the dyno and they made my chip off that. I always thought they were the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by coupe dreams
    I figured on going with a 255 and bigger injectors. I dont understand what you mean by a dyno tune and chip tune. I had the car on the dyno and they made my chip off that. I always thought they were the same thing.
    You can get a dyno tune with or without a chip. I personally do not like chips. I got my 91 LX Novi/Juiced stang dyno tuned, however I never used a chip.

Since you have a chip, you must have either requested a chip or possibly had been recommended to use a chip by the tuner you went to. Many tuners are different, some prefer the use of chips whereas others don't.

Since you already have an autologic chip, just go back to the tuner you went to and get a dyno tune and have him/her update your chip with the new adjustments/calibrations that might be needed so your car can run smooth, like a supermodel's rear :D :D :D

-Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 12-19-2003 at 06:45 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

[ sold... ]

Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

Junior SCH Member
    How else can they tune besides the chip. Frankly, I really didnt care for the shop that did it. I was there 3 times before they told me my ignition was breaking up.

How else can they tune besides the chip.
    Based on what I have seen... they hook up the air fuel ratio monitor, get a couple of base runs/pulls, notate where the air fuel ratio is, and of course the hp/tq #'s that were laid down in those pulls.

Make necessary timing and fuel pressure adjustments based on the a/f ratio #'s provided, do another couple of pulls, notate where the air fuel ratio is after adjustments, and also notate the current hp/tq #'s
    produced with the adjustments, and depending on the tuner, they can tune the car to a more agressive tune or a more "safe" tune and leave your a/f ratio nice and rich.

Viola...

Frankly, I really didnt care for the shop that did it. I was there 3 times before they told me my ignition was breaking up.
    That sucks man... what shop was that and it's location just out of curiousity?
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

Junior SCH Member
    I really dont want to say. Its in the Detroit area.

What was the reason for the chip? It sounds like everything could be accomplished by messing with the timing and the fuel pressure.

Smile

I really dont want to say. Its in the Detroit area.

What was the reason for the chip? It sounds like everything could be accomplished by messing with the timing and the fuel pressure.
    Chips are okay to use, don't get me wrong. The use of them to input a wide array of varibles to get a nice and smooth tune is one of its benefits and MANY PEOPLE USE THEM.

Basically if you have the knowledge or have knowledgeable peers that can tune a supercharged car without a chip that is cool :)

Regardless dood, either one is OKAY :D

Just, different strokes for different folks :)
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 12-20-2003 at 12:29 AM.
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the help bro. I told myself after the first blower I had I was done. Now I am on my second and going after more. Later.

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Tell me about it :D Mustangs are money pits period! Well any high performance vehicle is a money pit. Heehehe!

I hope everything gets sorted out for you. If you need some more help ask away! That is why us guys are here, to help each other out bro! :)

-Take Care and Merry Christmas!,

Chris
    Chris...

[ sold... ]