Thread: Check engine light came on during boost?

SCH Member

Check engine light came on during boost?

This is the first time I noticed it. I am still new to this supercharger thing so I was wondering if this was normal? It just happened last night so I haven't had time to run codes on it yet. This is in a 91 Ford mustang thanks Mike

best place to start is to do a diagnostic test, see what codes come up. if you have a single belt style drive blower its very possible your alternator is dying & the low voltage can throw a code.....too many possibilities to pin point w/o diagnostic test....
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

SCH Member
    I will have to run the codes. I run the V2-SQ it has it's own 8 rib pulley. I was just curious before I go borrow a scanner, if it was something normal

Quote Originally Posted by 2stangs69-91
    I will have to run the codes. I run the V2-SQ it has it's own 8 rib pulley. I was just curious before I go borrow a scanner, if it was something normal

It is never a good thing to have a check engine light come on. The only 'normal' check engine light is the off road x or h pipe on the 96+ stangs. Go borrow that scanner and see what you come up with.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D