Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nead a good headgasket?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nead a good headgasket?

Junior SCH Member

Nead a good headgasket?

Whats a good headgasket. Have 306 dss shortblock trickflow heads arp studs s trim 15 lbs not o ringed. What should I use.

Thanks guys.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend. Cometic are excellent gaskets but carry a premium price tag. A set of Fel-Pro 9333 PT-1's will work fine with your boost level and they are cheap to boot...these are one of the most popular gaskets amongst the blown 5.0 crowd. Another one is the FRPP M-6051-B51 gaskets.

Senior SCH Member
    I like the FRPP M-6051-B51. Install everything correctly and get a good tune and you should be ok.

Ray

Banned by Admin
    Fel-Pro 1011-2s work fine for me.

Senior SCH Member
    i was popping 1011-2's(well only 2 actually) like popcorn when i jumped up to 15psi, i went to the FRPP B51 and they have been awesome . i was checking around on the corral and several FAST members recommended the 9333, 8548(i THINK thats the #)along with the B51

Quote Originally Posted by blown1989saleen
    i was popping 1011-2's(well only 2 actually) like popcorn when i jumped up to 15psi, i went to the FRPP B51 and they have been awesome . i was checking around on the corral and several FAST members recommended the 9333, 8548(i THINK thats the #)along with the B51

the 8548pt2 is the graphite that alot of renegade guys use,the 9333pt1 is the same ,but has a stainless fire ring instead of the tin one..a little stronger ,but more money.....ive never used either without a o-ring in the block or head,but should work fine....i would have an o-ring put in the head while you have them off and go w/ the 8548pt2...
    dale@swillracing

I am running the 9333-pt1's with good results.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Another vote for the 9333's :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Do you guys not like the Felpro loc-wires?

thanks guys......i'll pick up a set of the 9333-pt1's for the 351.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by KenI
    Do you guys not like the Felpro loc-wires?
    My personal take on the loc-wires is that they are too damn expensive and if you happen to get to aggressive with the tune (ie: way too lean), you run the risk of destroying more than a headgasket. Alot of us look at the headgasket as a kind of fusable link so to speak, alot cheaper to have the headgasket let loose than destroying a piston or the like.

Another thing with the 9333's, they can be had at nearly any autoparts store and they are cheap, unlike the loc-wires.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

I look at them the same way. how's the dart block build coming? holiday distractions?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Major Holiday distractions and my wife is working alot, so that leaves me next to no time. Very difficult to stay focused on a task with 3 little ones pulling at my "apron" strings constantly :D

May get lucky and get a little work done today though.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Might also consider the Vic Reinz-sourced NAPA Gold (or Mr. Gasket) Solicor head gaskets. These are the part number 3428SCR, not the 3428SG which is the standard Nitroseal. 5956SC is the Solicor part # for bigger overbores (4.1" dia.)

Very good boost gaskets, will take up to 20+ psi -- I would not be at all surprised to learn that FRPP also oem's their B51 gasket from Vic Reinz (now owned by the DanaCorp parts juggernaut).
    Last edited by fanglemeister; 12-29-2003 at 01:29 PM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by fanglemeister
    Very good boost gaskets, will take up to 20+ psi -- I would not be at all surprised to learn that FRPP also oem's their B51 gasket from Vic Reinz (now owned by the DanaCorp parts juggernaut).
    The B-51's are made by Fel-Pro to Ford specs.