Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What makes a car streetable or not?

Thread: What makes a car streetable or not?

What makes a car streetable or not?

I got to thinking about this today. What is it that makes a car streetable in your books? Seems like there alot of things that could factor into this topic. Cam specs, trannie, final gear ratio, fuel usage, curb appeal to the ladies. Lot's of stuff really.

To me one word only comes to mind. Reliability.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

No a/c or heat would denote non-streetable status in my books, all else is fair game if it's reliable enough to withstand your typical driving habits.

Although, no heat could be fun with the ladies:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

NO HEATER NEEDED IN SAN ANTONIO!!!! LoL!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Hmm,

Well in my books a non-streetable car would be a COMPLETELY GUTTED OUT CAR, no interior, has had serious weight reduction done to it (no inner bumper, fiberglass doors, hatch "if a mustang" )... Umm no a/c or heater doesn't really play a part in my decision if it streetable or not, but if it has it, fine, if it doesn't the same merit applies.

Guys what would a gutted viper look like?
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

[ sold... ]

Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

I think a "street" car and a "streetable" car are completely different.
    Street car: Reliable, comfortable (full interior, ac, reasonably quite, etc), pump gas.
    Streetable car: Licensed, inspected, safe to drive at highway speeds. Other than that, anything goes. If you can afford race gas, fine; if you can tolerate 4.88 gears, more power to ya; drive on slicks, I'm cool with it, but the law might not.
    I am trying to decide how far to go on my "streetable" car right now. :)
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com

Hot-rod, you & me are in the same boat, all I have to do is throw on the catted H-pipe once a year and get my inspection sticker :D

We have an annual cruise night here and you wouldn't believe the number of tubbed cars that grace the streets that night on slicks and never get a hassel from the cops here.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Streetable to me means you can start it, cruise on nice and sunny days, and make it home.

I am doing the 428, 225's, street solid roller, no heat, ac, power steering, hopefully a nice big cage, ect.. and I still call it a street car :)

Ian

I call my car a reliable street car. I could get in it and drive it 200 miles north to L.A. and back without a problem. I can run it on pump gas with the turn of the dash mounted knob. I don't have A/C(none from the factory:)). I have semi-high compression, a huge solid roller, and I can't pass a smog test to save my ***. But it's licensed and insured. I bypassed the heater core when it went out because I was too lazy to take the dash out. It has already ran a 9.6@147 with the 200 jets. My motor can handle whatever I want to throw at it and the NX kit is good for 600 hp. My combo would probably run in the high 8's if I added more roll cage and a parachute. But I refuse to because my car is a street car.

Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Reliability is #1. No A/C is pure opinion. here in ohio it's "hot" for about 2 months. Radio? I never even turn my on cause my car sounds so cool anyway. LOL Powersteering?
    Anyone that's driven a fox with skinnies and no P/S knows you don't need it. Sway bar? whats that? Heater? Well i like a heater so it stays. I drive my car alot in the summer and i had zero failure last year. Somepeople will argue my car isn't street car but if you seen how much i drive it int the summer they'd say different. Fuel usage? emmision? BAH!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    LOL Powersteering?
    Anyone that's driven a fox with skinnies and no P/S knows you don't need it. Sway bar? whats that? Fuel usage? emmision? BAH!

:D :werd: x 2
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

If it doesn't overheat after a few miles, it's streetable to me :)

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Radio? I never even turn my on cause my car sounds so cool anyway. LOL
    :D Same here, so I pulled it along the the heater box

Streetable means coming out to the local cruise spot WITHOUT a trailer. Streetable means driving to the track, blasting off a few passes, and drive it back home.

There are a couple of clowns back in my hometown that go into a religious frenzy if you even mention the words "street trim." It's their way or the highway. Idiots.

CAN'T STOP WONDERING ABOUT AVATAR....

STARING!!!!! DOH SORRY... IT'S JUST YOU GOT BIG JUGS,, ER I MEAN YOUR BOOBS ARE HUGE... UGH.. I MEAN MAMA (MAKES SUCKING FACE) MMM MMM... LOL. I LOVE LIAR LIAR. JIM CAREY CRACKS ME UP!!!
    -TROY
    93 black gt

A streetable car, in my opinion, is a car you can rely on. If you can hop in, fire it right up, drive it anywhere(freeway, residential street, whatever), and get there and back, it's streetable. Heat and a/c are optional luxuries. And everything else is not important.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D