Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Breather Oil Blow by under boost

Thread: Breather Oil Blow by under boost

Breather Oil Blow by under boost

Just finished my AFM Vortech Stg I kit today after 20 hours of pitfalls. Nothing major just a bunch of little obstacles. Fired up the first time and let it idle till warmed up to check for leaks. Had a small oil leak from the fitting for the oil feed line. Tightened that then took it for a quick trip around the block, didn't want to get on it hard since I hadn't had a chance to take it to the dyno to check the A/F and tune. Couldn't stay out of it completely.
    Saw the boost gauge hit 8psi then backed off quickly (this things rocks). Pulled in the drive way and popped the hood. Lots of smoke. Found that I had blown oil out the K&N breahter filter right onto the headers?????
    Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it??
    Wayne
    Rio Red 94 GT :teeth:
    AFM Vortech S-Trim Stg I kit
    some bolt ons

See website for complete mod list: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/waynes94gt.msnw :drool:

Pretty common actually. If you don't have one, get yourself a genuine Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe part#E5ZZ-6A666-A PCV valve. It has a rubber covered orifice, and is designed to contain boost. More often than not this will help fix the problem.

did you get the K-n-N brand or motorsport? cause the ford one fits alot better. I had mine come out during a run @ the strip. HELLUVA MESS!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Hey Wayne,
    Glad to hear you got it running. You beat me to it. I swear mine will be running by the 1st. Anyway let me know when you plan to go see Chris and I'll try and meet you up there for a face to face. We were just up there last Friday with a buddies Bullitt that is similar to Tim's except it has an aftercooler and it made 352 uncorrected (422 corrected) to the wheels.
    Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Oil blow by

Quote Originally Posted by MeJay Racing
    Hey Wayne,
    Glad to hear you got it running. You beat me to it. I swear mine will be running by the 1st. Anyway let me know when you plan to go see Chris and I'll try and meet you up there for a face to face. We were just up there last Friday with a buddies Bullitt that is similar to Tim's except it has an aftercooler and it made 352 uncorrected (422 corrected) to the wheels.
    Mike
    Mike
    Man I tell you that was a tough 20 hours of work for Tim and I. Seems all we did was fix little issues. Vortech head unit came w/output in wrong position to line up w/intake. Vacuum line breaks. That sort of stuff.

Chris' voicemail at the shop said he'd reopen on Friday and Ill call to see whether he can get me in then or Saturday.

Wayne
    some bolt ons

See website for complete mod list: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/waynes94gt.msnw :drool:

Oil blow by

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    did you get the K-n-N brand or motorsport? cause the ford one fits alot better. I had mine come out during a run @ the strip. HELLUVA MESS!
    Yeah I got the K&N 1" chrome top breather filter. Do you know the part number for the Ford one and is it 1"?
    Wayne
    some bolt ons

no i don't but they have it in the jegs catalog, mustang section. I live an hour from jegs and i just run down and pickup what i need. Congrats on the blower purchase and getting it off an running.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Hey Wayne,

I think my friend Tony has a couple in stock. Give him a call @ 345-3464.
    Mike
    PS-> Just give me a ring and I'll try and meet you at the dyno.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MeJay Racing
    Hey Wayne,

I think my friend Tony has a couple in stock. Give him a call @ 345-3464.
    Mike
    PS-> Just give me a ring and I'll try and meet you at the dyno.
    Mike,
    I left your phone number at work. Email me: nk_cook@msn.com and I'll call you when I go to Chris'.
    Wayne
    some bolt ons

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog
    Yeah I got the K&N 1" chrome top breather filter. Do you know the part number for the Ford one and is it 1"?
    Wayne
    M-6766-N303 = 86-95 Mustang EFI Screw-in beather cap

Oil blown out the breather filter

Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    M-6766-N303 = 86-95 Mustang EFI Screw-in beather cap
    Thanks. I found them on Summit using your number.
    Wayne
    some bolt ons

Senior SCH Member
    i take it you have no baffle in your valve cover anymore? i had the same problem and i made my own little baffle that sits up in the valve cover further and stil clears my RR's i no longer spit oil out of my breather. and also like hawk said try a good PCV valve