Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NOVI Q??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOVI Q??

SCH Member

NOVI Q??

Merry Christmas!

I have the novi 1k 8 rib blower going on my mustang this spring. I also recieved the 8" crank pulley for Xmas today. Should I run the blower first with the regular pulley or just install it right away?

Pictures and Modifications.

Long Live Blades.

5.?

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    hehehe.......I just saw the same pics on 'mustangworld'
    You must be C302......

But anyway to answer your question, I would just put it on right away, it won't hurt a thing.
    Unless of coarse you want to get used to it with lower boost levels.
    I'm .....1badcobra over at 'mustangworld'.......glad to see you here.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

SCH Member
    Yes! I'm C302 Over at MW! Man and I reconize you too! You have a real nice car! I hope I will see around 8-9 PSI With my NOVI with the addition of that Crank Pulley!

Long Live Blades.

5.?

Sn95, where do you live? I saw a solid 10 psi last year with mine. I'd do them seperate for two reasons. To make sure you can get a handle on the tune: and 2 so you can appreciate the 8" crank. did you get a powerpipe also? that is another worth while purchase.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Sn95, where do you live? I saw a solid 10 psi last year with mine. I'd do them seperate for two reasons. To make sure you can get a handle on the tune: and 2 so you can appreciate the 8" crank. did you get a powerpipe also? that is another worth while purchase.

Hey Bro,

I'm from Canada! I think your right about the waiting to put the crank on. Is it hard to swap that 8" Crank on after the blower is on the car? Or is it like changing Underdrive Pullies?

I would love to have the Powerpipe but I don't think it will work on my car. I have a 94GT but the Novi is desinged for the 87-93 cars. A few guys here have the Novi 1K's on there Sn95's but they have no Boost add on's. Think that Powerpipe will work with my 94??

Long Live Blades.

5.?

I put the 8" crank straight on and loved it but like regattacoupe said, you will really appreciate it if you put in on after. It's not hard to swap after....you just need a longer belt to fit over.

I don't see why the powerpipe wouldn't work....Hole in your fender may be off a bit but you have to cut it out larger anyways.

I seen 8 lbs with just just the 8" crank (heads & intake) and with the power pipe I see 10lbs.

Where in Canada are you from? I'm from Edmonton Alberta.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

i agree as well for waiting on the 8" crank. get the tune right as the "entry level" bolt on kit, then add from there. you'll really appreciate the add ons as you go & see how much they really make a difference.........changing the crank pulley is cake, just like you said, like changing out a regualr underdrive crank pulley. you"ll need the 59" belt to work best with the 8" crank for clearance........enjoy!
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

Doing the renegade crank pulley is like putting on a blower all over again as far as a power increase. I gained no less than 4 mph and as high as 6mph in the 1/4 mile.

AND ZERO SLIPPAGE! :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    Regatta:

Thanks for the info! Also after a month or so driving with the regular pulley I will appreciate the 8" even more!

Sinner:

I'm from Newfoundland! Thats a very nice car you have there! How about the power pipe? Is that hard to install later down the road as well?
    Last edited by SN95BLK; 12-27-2003 at 01:46 PM.

Long Live Blades.

5.?

SCH Member
    What power Pipe do I get? Wheres a good place to get one?

Long Live Blades.

5.?

You have 4 choices for the pipe.
    Dallas Mustang ~$190
    Musclemotors (same pipe as Dallas Mustang) ~$180
    Anderson Ford ~$Pricey :D
    UPR ~$150

Prices are off the top of my head and to the best of recollection. You'd be best off searching each's website and getting an exact figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    You have 4 choices for the pipe.
    Dallas Mustang ~$190
    Musclemotors (same pipe as Dallas Mustang) ~$180
    Anderson Ford ~$Pricey :D
    UPR ~$150

Prices are off the top of my head and to the best of recollection. You'd be best off searching each's website and getting an exact figure.

Thanks Man,

But are they all the same pipe or are one of the pipes better then the other?

Long Live Blades.

5.?

The anderson is fabbed, the Dallas Mustang piece is cast, and the UPR is molded Plastic of some sort. If you are not looking for a nice shiny piece then I'd go with the UPR pipe, otherwise I'd spend my money on the Dalls Mustang pipe & order thru Jack at Musclemotors to save a few $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Thanks. I appreciate the help. What exactley does the Bocsh Boost Bypass do??
    I know that is a dumb question but I'm only new at this.

Long Live Blades.

5.?

all the powerpipes do the same thing, its really about the "name" or "look" option......the bypass allows the boost pressure to be recirculated back to the intake side of the blower so that the boost isnt flowing back against the compressor causing it to slow down, almost stop drastically. you eliminate possible low rpm surge that is very common when not running a bypass........it gets intstalled between an opening in the discharge tube & an opening in your intake tube(powerpipe). it has a valve that is lifted by vacuum & boost pressure combined to recirculate the unused boost back to the inlet side of the blower since the MAF read this incoming air at one time & your EEC read this & dumped the needed fuel for that amount fo air!

-justin