Thread: New to the blown world and have questions

Junior SCH Member

New to the blown world and have questions

I recently installed a Vortech S-trim on my 95 Mustang GT. I dont have a bypass valve currently installed because since I also did intake install I wanted to make sure everything was ok before having fun with the blower.

When I rev up the car I hear a pop sound, but that only happens if the car is idling and I rev it up real fast. Is this popping from the throttle body because of too much air being forced in without a way out? I doesnt sound from the exhaust that for sure. I also have 19# injectors in for now because the 42's flooded the car since I dont have a tweecer yet.

Anyone please give your input. I am new to blowers and need all the knowledge I can get.

Do not get into boost without a bypass! VERY VERY BAD! You can bend the fins on the impeller and cause alot of other nasty symptoms. Revving is a worst case scenerio other than letting off at the end of the 1/4 mile.

Your car will never idle right with the 42's without the bypass anyway.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Also make sure your mass air meter is calibrated to the new injectors. That will give you problems also. I'm currently running a Pro-M calibrated for 42's and a supercharger.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    Also make sure your mass air meter is calibrated to the new injectors. That will give you problems also. I'm currently running a Pro-M calibrated for 42's and a supercharger.

wow...a pro m...im new to blowers too...whats it run??.....im runnin twin ysi's on my boat and have to double up on the meters to keep up with the air.........i called pro m and the made me up special twin meters calibrated special for my combo.......how do you like yours???
    Last edited by blwnbassboat; 12-28-2003 at 07:33 PM.

I'm having similar poblems with back firing on deceleration, 80mm pro-m matched to 24 lbs. injectors, w/power pipe seeing 14 lbs. on my gauge, any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by 1BadBlown95; 01-22-2004 at 10:30 PM.

Have you had your car put on a dyno? You might be running too much fuel, which in turn is causing a backfiring problem.

As far as how it runs, don' know yet, still getting the car together and then off to the dyno on March 13.

i have never had my car on the dyno or dyno tuned, but with 24lbs. injectors & no fmu it shouldn't be running rich. thanks