Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just got blown
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got blown

Senior SCH Member

Just got blown

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much power my car may be making. I have a 10.6:1 306 with Holley stage 2 ported heads and a stage 2 ported intake, comp cams xe274hr cam, 1.6 roller rockers, 70mm t.b., 80mm mass air, and 30 lb inj, I also have 1 3/4 longtube headers and aflowmaster after cat. I am running 7 psi through a single belt novi 1000. The car made 320 rwhp naturally aspirated. Any guesses? Also what is the fastest e.t. with a Novi 1000? And what are some of your guys power numbers? Ireally appreciate it, I used to run nitrous but got sick of replacin head gaskets. Switchin to a blower is the best thing i ever done.

SCH Member
    I'd guesstimate you have roughly 450-480 rwhp. I'm trying to use the equation, if you have X amount of HP NA, and you add 14 pounds (I think???) you double the HP. So yuo have 7, which would give you a 50% increase in power. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm horrible w/ proofs, equations, etc :)
    Jonathan
    Isaiah 53:6
    :king:

SCH Member
    oh, and there is a thread about how fast, but I think there have been some that have been in the 10s w/ the Novi1000, if not better :)
    Jonathan
    Isaiah 53:6
    :king:

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply i am hoping to make 475 to the wheels once it is tuned with the tweecer i have.

blown5oh
    I think those 30# injectors will hold you back though.........you won't make that much hp unless you upgrade.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    re: the 30# injectors, hopefully you can datalog pulsewidth with the tweecer. If the PW goes anywhere north of 16ms from 4500 to 5000 rpm you are exceeding the
    80% DC safety limit of the injectors. 20ms @ 5k rpm is 100% DC. If you are hitting this, the head gasket problem will return shortly :( suggest running a 3:1 FMU until you can go with a bigger injector. I am an eec-tuner guy btw.
    Chris

Senior SCH Member
    yes i know they are small i am going to go with 36, 38, or42 pounders what would you suggest?

I'd run the 42s.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

480hp is right about the limit for 36/38# injectors. Steeda was selling the lime green Lightning/Bosch 42s for $299 recently, that's getting damn close to dealer cost.

BTW I think you are right on target to hit 480hp with your combo, but, if you are running the stock pulleys or just the F150 crank pulley, you are probably going to have to look at the blower pulley for a little more step-up ratio to hit the number.
    Chris

Senior SCH Member
    I am going to run the 2.75 pulley and the f-150 with a aqua mist water/methanol injection because it is 11:1 motor, what is the best fmu for the 42's?

you may or may no run into problems with the 11:1 motor and boost. It will take some tuning without a doubt. you may to run colder plugs gapped down and the timing real consevative for pump gas. Race gas? let it rip. i see you haveit running. any rattle? you shouldn't need a fmu with 42's and thats why alot of guys do the 42's. me being one of them. however with that compression only a wide band will let you know for sure.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

No fmu needed for 475 at the wheels with 42s. The water/alky injection will help alot, 11:1 knocking, depends entirely on your bumpstick and bleeding down cylinder pressure via overlap. Keep in mind that the higher you wind it up, the more octane tolerant it becomes. Let us know what cam you are running, I can run some numbers.
    Chris

SCH Member
    i've got to go up from my 24#'ers too. don't know anything about fuel injection. a guy local is selling siemans 55# inj. for 325.00. sound like a good deal?
    s/c 331

If ya go with the 55# injectors, UNTCHBL on here has a Pro-M 80 shorty meter with low miles that he's selling, you may want to drop him a pm or e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    I am currently running a xe274hr it has .555 .565 lift and 224 232 duration. I also just put on a f-150 crank pulley yesterday and took it for a ride and was getting 9-10 psi. I could not believe it. Of course it was about 45 degrees out and my elevation is like 2k.