Thread: Novi 2000 - just a simple bolt on kit ???

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000 - just a simple bolt on kit ???

Hi all

Just bought a Novi 2000 kit that I´m going to put on a daily driven (summer only) 1990 lx vert.

What I really want to know is your experience is with bolting on a kit like this on a completely stock engine.

The car is a daily driver, rarely sees more than 4000 rpm, is never raced at the track.

Will I be able to just bolt on this kit and not have to worry about other injectors, MAF and other stuff ??
    The kit does include a compressor by pass valve and an 190L/hr in tank fuel pump.

I am not interested in upping the boost and if I only see 7 pound with the stock airbox that´s fine with me.

Let me know your experiences ...

Thanks
    Anders

Will I be able to just bolt on this kit and not have to worry about other injectors, MAF and other stuff ?? upgrading to get rid of the fmu alot of guys on here say it's the best thing they ever did. I never even put mine on.

yes, this is not ideal but that is the way they designed it. A set of 30 lb injectors and a good maf would get you more power, and better reliablity.

with a novi 1000 i saw 7 with the stock pullies. 10psi is a closer estimate for the supplied filter. With a powerpipe it's likely to 10-12psi. :D

for a stock motor you will really really be suprised!

good luck on the install and welcome to the site!

Brent
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I'm in the process of installing my Novi 2k at the moment and I have to say that the instructions really really suck! Its mostly in now but I'll tell you some of the probs I had.
    My smog pump was hitting the S/C mounting plate preventing it from lining up with the bolt holes. I took my benchgrinder and ground down some of the smog pump where it was contacting the plate and some of the plate itself. It didnt take much (about 1/16").
    The supplied accessory belt was a tad too short. I got mine to fit by swapping out my alternator pulley to a smaller one. Im kinda a packrat so I had some extra pulleys laying around. It may also help to loosen the alternator when you go to put the belt on so you will have a little more slack.
    The fan shroud hits the tensioner pulley mounting nut for the main drive belt. I still havent fixed this yet but Im going to use a dremel to cut out some of the shroud so it will clear. This may not affect everyone but I put in a 3 core radiator at the same time so I lost about 1/2" of clearance.
    Good luck with your install.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=993

this is an old post and mentions a couple of problems I had. I ended up upgrading to 30# injectors/MAF and don't use an FMU.

Also added MSD 6BTM to help control timing.
    89 lx 5.0; 5-speed, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF; 30# injectors, 1 5/8 shorty headers, flowmaster catback; novi 2k