Thread: Pro Topline/Pro Action Heads

Pro Topline/Pro Action Heads

I've been doing a little research on this and i might try a set out. Summit is just up the road and they have an awesome return policy. I'm a few weeks from my purchase and no real big hurry. Any chevy sites anyone know of to check these out? Cause i guess they've made chevy stuff for a while. The price is right and the flow # on these things are ridiculous, but if it's too good to be true it usually is.

any info will be appreciated.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    I've been doing a little research on this and i might try a set out. Summit is just up the road and they have an awesome return policy. I'm a few weeks from my purchase and no real big hurry. Any chevy sites anyone know of to check these out? Cause i guess they've made chevy stuff for a while. The price is right and the flow # on these things are ridiculous, but if it's too good to be true it usually is.

any info will be appreciated.
    yes ..their chevy stuff is nice,but i was talking to them and looking at a set at PRI and wasnt very impressed...the decks are very thin,and they just didnt look the quality of an afr or a brodix in line head,,i doubt they flow as advertised...i would cough up the extra and get some AFR's or other head.....just my opinion though....
    dale@swillracing

thanks dale,
    I've heard way too many negatives and not enough positives to buy a set now. Victor Jrs. it is. A friend has a set down at his shop and i bet i'll see what your talking about. I just think it is odd for a company to have good chevy stuff and sub par ford stuff. TFS edelbrock and afr are pretty consitent.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Brent you can't go wrong with the Vic Jr's, Edelbrock's quality is top notch and the Vic Jr's have some excellent potential with alot of room to grow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

yes yes and yes.......i'm contacting ed curtis to see what i get away with as far as the windsor. I want a high mph low 10 sec streeter. I may only need a set of 185's. Then i got to thinking, well if the 185's would do it, where are my ported TW heads gonna land? sooooooooo i dunno. I bet i'm gonna get Vic jr's though. Eddy castings are A++++

talking to ed would be a GOOD thing...he does our heads and cam .....im pretty sure hell recomend the afr's......
    dale@swillracing

Brent, have you given a set of box stock tfs-r's any consideration? Just an idea.

I'm with dale, if you call Ed looking for advice, I would stick with what he tells ya.

I've had very good dealings with Brian Tooley at TEA myself. You may want to try him as well Brent.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I have but i don't want to mess with the revised exhaust ports. They are awesome heads but i want to keep it simple. Mac are supposed to make a 1 3/4" shortie and i'm gonna run the 1 5/8" till they come out or i find a set of the anderson/bassani headers for sale. I quitting my other expensive hobby and i might have enough for the TFS R head and headers. It's up in the air.

I'll call Brian and i'm definetly gonna talk to Ed.

I want something really close to the TFS R 351 lower intake and common sense tells me the R heads will line up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    I quitting my other expensive hobby and i might have enough for the TFS R head and headers.
    What might that be????

I thought that this was an "expensive" hobby, or so my wife tells me :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I've played guitar for about 10 years, wrote albums, played in bands and I have absolutely no desire to pursue what i was doing any longer. I've got a ridiculous ammount of gear i'm going to and I just wanna get down to what i have to have to pick around at the house.

FWIW my wife thinks this is an exspensive hobby as well, however i drink alot less and i hardly ever go to bars anymore.

****, my car makes me drink more. lol.

One of my new years resolutions was to learn to play the guitar this year. :D

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I'm just getting away from the 12 pack @ practice/ practicing 3 times deal LOL! no joke. Actually I've written 2 or 3 (imo) decent LP's that hardly leave the jam room, so i've told a whole lot of guys off. I'll always play though. It's hard to have a party up here and not get the guitars out and make up words to other peoples songs!!!

Brent, what about some of the new dart heads that are out?
    90 strawberry coupe

did ya see my post on the 74 reman? i might dual cut pistons

ah, say hello to a torquie motor Brent. lol

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe