Thread: water tank mounting location

Senior SCH Member

water tank mounting location

has anyone mounted the water tank in another spot other then the stock battery tray? i have a opening on the other side of the car where the vortech airbox used to be. i was thinking about mounting the tank there instead of relocating the battery.

anyone?
    --
    93 GT

Senior SCH Member
    Well I would keep it on the drivers side a way from the blower for a couple reasons:

1 - The blower gets pretty hot so I'm sure it would heat the reservoir pretty quickly.

2 - Keeping it on the driver’s side would even out the weight a little bit. This might not be a big deal in the 1/4.

Junior SCH Member
    What about in the back with the battery? I was thinking about moving mine back their. The engine comp gets so hot.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a 5 gal. tank in the trunk, It holds a lot more ice and lasts alot longer, you will need to get a bigger pump though.
    97 STEEDA #004
    Forged Short Block
    Ford Racing Heads
    Ford Racing Intake
    Vortech S-Trim 10lbs
    Custom After Cooler
    Stage 3 Suspension
    Nitto Drags
    And Alot More

Junior SCH Member
    I too put the tank in the trunk. If you run any time the water and ice in the small tank at the battery it would be gone in a few minutes due to lack of insulation and engine heat, so I put a 7 gallon alumin. tank in the spare tire area. You figure water weighs 7.5 lbs per gallon so thats some good weight over your rear. If there is such thing as good weight. Also the ice stays longer and cooler. You do have to upgrade the water pump because the full cycle around the entire car puts a strain on the supplied one and it will eventually burn up. Good Luck
    JUSTA5O

What type of upgraded pump do you suggest or use when the water box is in the trunk/hatch.
    Do you also insulate the lines running up to the engine compartment.
    What type of and size lines did you also run.
    Is track legal to have it in the hatch?

Thanks,
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D