Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
sound clip ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sound clip ??

SCH Member

sound clip ??

does anybody have a sound clip of there v2-sq trim on there ride? i got one and its waiting to be put on after my motor is built, but was hoping to hear how loud its gonna be.. Thanks a bunch ! :D

Here ya go...

Vortech V2-SQ

SCH Member
    NICE CLIP !!! Was that a cold start? That car didnt have the anderon power pipe correct? does the p.p increase the winning noise or is that just a myth ?? Thanks a lot

I'm assuming it was a cold start because the guy has another video on there and it makes more noise than that one. My Novi makes more noise once the oil is upi to operating temp so I would assume the Novi SQ's are the same. The P.P. increases the noise at idle...you can hear the intake whine of the blower emanate from the bottom of the fender. It doesn't appear he has a P.P. on that car but I think he is running his intake tubing into the fender.

SCH Member
    is the novi quiter then the v2-sq trim ?? I swear i thought the v2-sq trim were quiter then that.. Do they differ on cars or is that how they usually sound?

Junior SCH Member
    They all sound a little different. My SQ witha powerpipe is almost as loud as my old S-trim.

SCH Member
    could you hear the whistle from the inside of your car? or is it loud when the hood is up?

SCH Member
    I just listened to the sound video posted buy the hawk and that is pretty much what my V2-SQ sounds like you can here slightly more whine outside the car but very slight.

I think the Novi is louder than the Sq.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    is it true what they say about the anderson power pipe how it may increase the whinning noise a little?

How much boost does the stock pulley usually put out ? I got the 93 cobra v2-sq trim setup..

SCH Member
    anybody?

My 1000 didn't change at all(sound wise) except for making alot more power.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

NEW HAMPSHIRE/NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS COUNTRY!!
    mine sounds like that, but his engine is alot quiter, on mine you can barely hear the SQ at all, only at idle with the hood open,,
    1988 triple white conv gt
    dss 331 pro bullet 8.5:1,, vortech v-2 sq w/aftercooler and powerpipe, tfs track heat intake , 70mm acufab t/b,,42# inj with 80mm pro-m, tfs t/w heads w/ 600 springs,1.6 svo rkrs, afm b-31 cam, screamin demon ign sys with a 6a, mass air conv with a9l, 255 in tank w/ a t rex ext,,kirban fuel reg with gauge, bbk full length's ,dr.gas x pipe, with 2 chamb flow/m, 373's and new built Tremec TKO, anderson 04 PMS..

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I8URICE
    mine sounds like that, but his engine is alot quiter, on mine you can barely hear the SQ at all, only at idle with the hood open,,
    hey guys, i have one on my 98 gt. and you can barely here it at all. i am now experiencing white come out of the passenger side exhaust, on start up and when i step into the gas. could this be a head gasket or what? anyway on back to the subject, if i put on a smaller pulley would it give it more whislte?

NEW HAMPSHIRE/NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS COUNTRY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpymac
    hey guys, i have one on my 98 gt. and you can barely here it at all. i am now experiencing white come out of the passenger side exhaust, on start up and when i step into the gas. could this be a head gasket or what? anyway on back to the subject, if i put on a smaller pulley would it give it more whislte?
    yup, sounds like a blown headgasket, I wouldn't change the pulley , obviosly your engine can't handle the boost you already got... A smaller pulley will give it a hair more whistle, cause its spooling up faster. you need to do a comp test and see whick plug comes out white, or wet........
    1988 triple white conv gt
    dss 331 pro bullet 8.5:1,, vortech v-2 sq w/aftercooler and powerpipe, tfs track heat intake , 70mm acufab t/b,,42# inj with 80mm pro-m, tfs t/w heads w/ 600 springs,1.6 svo rkrs, afm b-31 cam, screamin demon ign sys with a 6a, mass air conv with a9l, 255 in tank w/ a t rex ext,,kirban fuel reg with gauge, bbk full length's ,dr.gas x pipe, with 2 chamb flow/m, 373's and new built Tremec TKO, anderson 04 PMS..