Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NOVI 2K Power/Install?

Thread: NOVI 2K Power/Install?

Junior SCH Member

NOVI 2K Power/Install?

I'm looking at purchasing a NOVI 2K for my '92 LX. I was going to go with a Procharger P1SC, but have heard there are problems with them. Besides, there is a one year warranty only!

I make 301hp/337ft.lbs @ the wheels. The motor has 107K miles on it. It has the typical bolt-ons including Trick Flow heads, "E" cam, 24lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, etc. It is emissions legal and the A/C blows 37 degrees.

How much power would I gain at the wheels? I think the motor should be able to take 8-10psi, if the leakdown test goes well. I don't want to use an FMU, if possible. I was thinking of installing 42lb injectors, 255lph High Pressure fuel pump, Boost Sensitive FP Regulator when the blower gets ordered. The car is a daily driver, so it must be streetable AND idle :)

I am looking for any opinions!!!!

There is no reason why you car shouldn't make 500rwhp. Just be careful with your stock block at hp level(see sig below). I would also suggest you get it dyno tuned after the blower.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Your parts list looks great!

When you are ready for the 2K let me know and I will get you a nice deal ;)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    How much for the NOVI 2K?

I've been talking with Muscle Motors about it. They are great!!! $2799 from them

Not to plug there stuff but Procharger comes with a 3 year warranty on all their kits with the exception of their high boost level stuff. Paxton has the same deal though and yes, the P1SC has built itself a reputation as a blower that will be removed often for repair due to leaky seals. Do a search on Corral and you'll find lots of threads on this very subject. There was one guy on there a while ago that sent his back 4 times within a six month period for leaking seals.

Junior SCH Member
    Obviously, I would rather spend the money for a unit that I will not have to worry about. I was all set to purchase the P1SC, but more research turned me away. It seems that I've heard nothing but good things about the NOVI 2K.

Senior SCH Member
    Good move on skipping the P1SC. When I bought mine, they mentioned the 3 year warranty and by my mistake, I later found out that you had to buy the extra warranty.

The P1SC lasted me 12 passes and then started to pump my engine with it's internal oil. I put on a Novi2000 and would never go back. I had all custom discharge and inlet tubing made from stainless for the P1SC that looked great, but the blower didn't hold up.

Procharger wouldn't even help me out with it either because it was technically purchased over a year from when I had the problem. Because of this, I ran a crossed out Procharger sticker on the back of my car at every NMRA race after the Procharger blew.

You can make a ton more power with a Novi 2000 anyway. I am never going back. Paxton offers a 3 year warranty ast of Feb 01.

Junior SCH Member
    Great info!! Thanks!!!

I hoipe to get more opinions too. If I hear one more horror story about the P1SC, I will be 110% convinced of getting the NOVI 2K. I'm at 100% right now. :D

SCH Member
    get the novi, people say that tuning prochargers is alot more harder 2...

I poked around on Corral. Typed in "Procharger Oil Leak" in the search engine and this was one of many complaints that came up:

I do not understand what is going on with ATI Procharger products! I had terrible luck with my previous D1SC Procharger, as it leaked interally 4 times, within a time period of 4 months. ATI repaired it several times with no luck, and finally replaced it with a new D1SC model which has been on my car now for 3 weeks. This particular head unit is pullied for 13#'s which really isn't pushing it at all.
    Needless to say, last night driving the car around I noticed it bucking under light throttle, and throttle response just wasn't there, kind of hesitated. I opened the hood once I got home and smelled something burning, then I see what I was dreading, supercharger oil from my new blower all over the power pipe. The blower is shooting oil from the bypass tubing and, and once I removed the rubber outlet tubing and it is coated with supercharger oil. The bucking was from the oil coating the MAF again, which this is what it did previously with my old D1SC that leaked 4 times.
    I have NO idea why these superchargers are leaking like this! The thing is installed correctly w/o a doubt. Everything is torqued down right, and I am not overfilling these things. I actually put about 8/10th's of a bottle of synthetic oil. The belt is very tight, however it needs to be.
    I am thoroughly PO'ed at this issue, and I can say I will NEVER buy another ATI product. They did right by me for replacing the original supercharger with a new unit, which shows great customer service. However, the quality just isn't there, no matter what anyone says...cant fool me!

Any input?
    Dan
    95 rio red cobra #2021

I did a ton of research before I made my decision. I was bent on getting either a d1sc or a f-1 procharger, before I chose the novi 2k. The first hint to me that the prochargers was kinda hocky was how the customer service worked around there. I was very hard pressed to get any knowledge out of there customer service. Next thing I got to noticing was the lack of support in the smaller classes like realstreet, or even renegade. There where only 2 fast cars this last year, that where running a procharger. Paxton on the other hand was dominating renegade and realstreet. Personally, my novi2k is my first blower ever so I can't give you an honest comparison, but once you get passed the install and collecting all the parts I doubt you will have any problems with the novi2k. I've driven mine maybe 50 miles now, and have loved every minute of it. If it weren't for a pesky charging problem, I would have driven much more.

Brandon