Thread: F2M ON THE STREET??

Junior SCH Member

F2M ON THE STREET??

IS ANYBODY RUNNING A F2M ON THE STREET , HOW LOUD ARE THEY?DO THEY SOUND LIKE A F3M?? HOW MUCH POWER?

Junior SCH Member
    Not a good choice. I wrote you a detailed email that should explain...
    1997 Aztec Gold GT F-2 Procharged 4V

Junior SCH Member
    Why is a F2M bad for the street?

thanks

Junior SCH Member
    Cog is very noisy and unreliable. Also no room for air filter unless some serious fabrication is used. Also a blower this big will make over 30 psi easily with SLOW pulleys on. This requires the use of at least a 114 octane fuel. Not street legal or cost efficient. The blower also needs a water to air I/C because of the large amounts of boost. The air to air just won't cut it... Water to air is not streetable...

could you just slap some 8 or 10 rib pullies on this for 12-14psi for a street tune and save the cogs for the track? That does sound like a hassle now that i think about it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    badfoursixgt,

Your car is sweet!
    Mike @ No limit told me about your car.
    I just put Aaron old F1R on my car with the cog drive!
    What about the the stop and go traffic?

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the compliments.
    The cog drive shouldn't have problems with stop and go. The major problem is usually in tuning. If the engine coughs at high rpm, the belt will strip (if its rubber) or break (if it is a smaller kevlar). The main cause of tuning problems with my car was the EDIS module that FAST required. Now that I have Sequential injection and a Distributor, along with a Digital 7 MSD, I no longer have this "breaking up" and the belts are lasting much longer.

I must suggest that the better street setup would be an 8 rib off of a truck and an F-1R. This is capable of more than enough power for the street, and MUCH MUCH less hassle and maintenance...

Junior SCH Member
    I wouldnt think twice about running that blower on the street. If you run cogs, you will want to run the biggest crank pulley you can fit so as to get the wrap that you need. Talk to Procharger about the different belt compounds that you can get. There are some new ones that resist breaking. As for durability of the blower, heat, etc... you can run an F4 on the street with no problem.

Michael Freedman

Junior SCH Member
    I wasn't concerned with the durability of the F-series blowers. I was simply stating that a 4V cog system is not practical on a car that sees alot of street use. I've got one, and have driven it on the street. It draws the attention of EVERYONE, especially the LAW!!! The fitment of the brackets does not allow for a suitable air filter, and the entire system is VERY noisy. Not to mention if you are going to use the system you are going to run race gas (110+ octane). If you are only wanting 15psi and pump gas, then get a D-1...