Thread: Opinions wanted on interior and/or carpet

Question Opinions wanted on interior and/or carpet

Ok. I'm keeping my blue lx seats, dash, door panels, ect ect ect. My exterior and interior is regatta blue, hence the screen name. I haven't looked but i doubt i'll find uncut regatta carpet to put back in the car after the cage install is completed. I'm welding an aluminum panel where the back seat used to be, removed the deck speakers, and would like to carpet all the way from the firewall to the rear window.

My questions are:
    1. Is there any rolls of this 89 mustang carpet 'Un trimmed' for the rear seat?

2. How would black look with the blue seats, dash, console? How would it look peering in from the rear window with the blue seats/ and exterior?

:D

I've got way too many pieces and i need to start back on this thing! ;)

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot...cat=500&page=1
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I think you will have a difficult time getting a roll of carpet to match, your best bet would be to contact a local automotive upolstery shop. You may also want to try http://50resto.com/

Black or a charcoal wouldn't look too bad as an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I agree on the matching. With age, wear and tear it will never match what i have. I'd like to use it as it is in great shape.

I went to 5oh resto and was on there for about 1 minute when i found "carpet by the yard" in regatta blue! SWEET! I'm gonna order a few yards and if it dosen't match close enough for my tastes i'll order new carpet for the whole car.

It's a little pricey, much more than having an upholstry shop do it in black but i like the blue. No-one keeps blue or red interior anymore but i just love it!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

I vote for black rug Brent.

This is what I'll put in the coupe when the time comes.

I think the funny minty/pine/puke smell in my car is coming from what someone used to clean the carpet.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

my friend is gonna get a black carpet in his blue coupe so we'll see. Knowing me i'll run till june or so till i get tired of not having carpet! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    my friend is gonna get a black carpet in his blue coupe so we'll see. Knowing me i'll run till june or so till i get tired of not having carpet! LOL
    Let him be the guinee pig then and see how it turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

50resto.com is the way to go. Once I get the car mechanically sound, I'll be heading there to get some new carpet and other small interior stuff.

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for letting me know about the carpet by the yard. I am planning to install a fuel cell in my car and i was wondering what I was going to do with the carpet in the back. I pulled out the old hatch carpet and it had some cuts in it for the battery and disconnect switch that I might no longer use. I raced the last season and a half without the area where the rear seats used to be carpeted and I always hated that.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

yeah i though that was really cool. i know what your talking about and i know i didn't want mine like that since i drive it on the street quite a bit.