Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats your fuel set up?

Junior SCH Member

whats your fuel set up?

I have ported heads trick flow intake with 24ers. what fmu should I run or what injectors?

Junior SCH Member
    I also have 190 intank, and a inline t-rex.

How many #'s of boost are you running???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    I agree with 5150 LX. Everything depends on how much boost you're running. Personally, I think the 24 #ers are too small for any blower application.

When I was running the stock long block, I had 30 #ers and a 75mm Bullet with a 255lph pump. After the rebuild, I am currently running 42 #ers, and an 80mm MAF with the same 255 pump. Recent dyno numbers showed this to be plenty as my A/F ratio maintained a 11.5:1 throughout 6500 rpms.
    Last edited by Psychdaddy; 01-05-2004 at 04:03 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    are you still running an fmu, if yes what disk ratio?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solo
    are you still running an fmu, if yes what disk ratio?
    No need once the 42 #ers are used. This elimates the need for an FMU as long as the fuel pressure is adequate. I've even heard of guys running 36's without an FMU. When I had the 30 #ers in, I believe I was running a 6:1 or 8:1 disc.

Junior SCH Member Powerdyned94gt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychdaddy
    I agree with 5150 LX. Everything depends on how much boost you're running. Personally, I think the 24 #ers are too small for any blower application.
    Yes everything depends on how much boost,but it also depends on what kind of heads,intake and cam(in other words,how much air is being put into the engine besides forced)

I have seen alot of mild applications running #24 and #30 injectors without no problems at all,personally and in about 10 years of various magizine articles.I have a freind also that has a 92 LX mustang with ported factory heads,cobra intake and a #9 powerdyne running #24 injectors with an 8:1 setup FMU that runs 12.9 for 3 years now with no problems.

The thing i have seen over the 10 years looking at SC applications is that the new chargers that are putting out 10# of boost or better are the reason for the big injector craze,rightfully so,But to go with big injectors like #42 or better on simple charger applications 5# up to #8 or even #9(pushing it)is just asking for more tuning issues(like chips,to just get the rich fuel issue down) and wasted money if the car is running what you want for your application and your not running it on the edge with timing.Man,even years ago,Nitrous Pete of New jersey was setting the pace with his car running a #6 charger with nitrous and bangging it without no head gasket problems with #24 injectors.That should say alot in itself if your old enough to remember the eairly days of fast running low boost cars with the largest injectors being #30.Bigger injectors are not saying an improvement for any supercharger applications,they are an improvement for bigger Blowers.

The thing is,look at your boost numbers and what kind of other air intake mods are done.

In your case,depending on how much boost you are seeing,if it is under #9,I FEEL #24 injectors will be fine,or even #30,which will be rich,but why run to much fuel into the engine and run the chance of washing the rings out to soon(unless you plan on getting a chip burned to help this out)

Bigger injectors are good for really big boost numbers(#9 or better) or unless more upgrades are in your future and you dont want to go back and deal with the injectors,but for mild applications,i have seen way to many work with the #24 or like i said #30 with no problems after years of running.The guys pushing lots of boost are not wrong with bigger injectors,they just forget small charger applications dont just mean big injectors right off the bat.
    Last edited by Powerdyned94gt; 01-19-2004 at 08:39 PM.
    1994 Mustang GT
    #9 POWERDYNE BD11
    (sees #5.5 to #6 of Boost)
    Eldebrock 5.0 Performer intake
    #24 FMS injectors
    Proflow 75mm MAS
    155 LPH fp
    8:1 FMU
    MSD 6AL Ignition & Coil
    Kirbin FPR
    3:55 R&P Gears
    Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back System
    MAC 2.5 H-Pipe
    HM Ram Air
    RAM 10.5 Clutch
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    (Need a set of NITTOS now) :D
    http://www.gt.i8.com

Junior SCH Member
    powerdyne94gt, i have roughly the same setup going in as you:

bd-10 (gonna rebuild to 11a spec, if possible) 9lb pulley, 24lb injectors, 75mm bullet proM, stock motor, full exhaust. should i follow your setup and use a 4:1 fmu disk?

Well the reason 99% of us will recomend 38's or 42's is because 99% of us are changing pulley's 90 days or less from the time of blower instalation.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    makes sense...but i'm going to be keeping this 9lb pulley for the forseeable future

SHaFT7,

I have just switched to an 8:1 FMU recal.It has a better response to the powerdyne boost.

I would go with that.

As far as going with a pulley bigger than a #9 on a BD-10 or -11,forget it,FYI for you folks who need to insist on the injector thing.Go with a charger "THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE PULLEY AFTER 90 DAYS"and the charger can handle that,then you can go "GET THE BIGGER INJECTORS"

The BD-10 or -11 was not made with anything more than #9 of boost because it just can handle it.I am not going into another defend the powerdyne thing for the folks who enjoy this kind of arguement.I am happy with mine,never had to change anything on it after all those miles.
    Last edited by Powerdyned94gt; 03-07-2004 at 12:47 PM.
    1994 Mustang GT
    #9 POWERDYNE BD11
    #24 FMS injectors
    Proflow 75mm MAS
    155 LPH fp
    MSD 6AL Ignition & Coil
    Kirbin FPR
    MAC 2.5 H-Pipe
    HM Ram Air
    RAM 10.5 Clutch
    Pro 5.0 Shifter

Junior SCH Member
    i opened up the fmu, but the disk has no labels or etchings or anything...is it based on diameter? and if so what do i need for 8:1?
    Last edited by SHaFT7; 03-07-2004 at 06:34 PM.

Sorry it took awhile to post back,

If your disk was the full size and fills the inside of the fmu the it is a 12:1

The smaller the disk the the lower the ratio(# wise)8;1,6:1,etc.

You can use either a powerdyne 8:1 ring and disk or a vortech 8:1 ring and disc.Just ask for an 8:1 Fmu recal kit.I did have a chart on the sizes but seem to have misplaced it.

Hope this helps.
    1994 Mustang GT
    #9 POWERDYNE BD11
    #24 FMS injectors
    Proflow 75mm MAS
    155 LPH fp
    MSD 6AL Ignition & Coil
    Kirbin FPR
    MAC 2.5 H-Pipe
    HM Ram Air
    RAM 10.5 Clutch
    Pro 5.0 Shifter

If you want to sell the 6:1 disc let me know how much and i probably have a buyer for you.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    well, i don't know if mine is a 4 or 6:1....if anyone has a measurement of diameter vs ratio...i'd be able to tell in a heartbeat....and i'm also looking to buy an 8:1 disk/ring