Thread: d1 race kit

Senior SCH Member

d1 race kit

I was wondering about the d1r race kit for 94-95 mustangs do you have to change anything of the front acc.

Junior SCH Member
    When I bought mine 2 years ago or so, the kit was set up for the Fox body water pump. The alternator relocation bracket compensated for the different spacing of the crank pulley. Rather than change front cover and buy a pre-93 water pump, I converted to a remote water pump. I think I ran into pulley interference issues too when I looked into it, due to the large crank pulley. Now that Meziere makes a smaller electric WP I would look into changing front covers and their pump. I think there is now another manufacturer who makes a small pump also. Do a search over on the NMRA (Renegade) board, I've seen them talk about the pump isssue over there. Since there are no other accessories run on the R kits, that's all there was to it. (BTW - I think the HD remote pump I went with has higher flow than the smaller pump. No issues yet in the AL heat.)

Senior SCH Member
    Thats what someone told me, but now procharger has two different listings one for a 87-93 and one for the 94-95. thanks

Junior SCH Member
    If you get more info or pictures, please post it, I'm interested in any upgrades they might have made. Thanks.
    Pete