Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-4 Tranny ?'s

Arrow C-4 Tranny ?'s

I'm gonna look into having one built here locally and was wondering if you guys could help me out on a complete parts list. I want a manual valve body, sm. bell, and no-transbrake (I'd have to run electronics class if I had one). What all do I need to have upgraded so that it'll handle ~500 RWHP (the # I'm shooting for :D)

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I think your horse power goal is is no prob. Order a valve body from PA or Dynamic. DO NOT GET A TCI! I went from the tci to the dynamic and it was night and day. Mine wouldn't even shift @ WOT on the 2 to 3. You want a case fill but you can make a pan fill work. It sucks but i did it cause the price was right. 157 tooth is the flexplate you'll need and whatever balance your gonna run for that monster. Get a good sfi one and be done with it.

There's 460 nitrous guys that freshen up here local everyother year but i'm telling they have nothing fancy like roller bearings or any of that. the biggest pan, the biggest cooler, a manual valvebody, and as long as you don't skimp on a converter and you'll be where you want to be. Heat kills C4's. Fix that and your set.

if your not gonna run a brake i wouldn't sweat it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

and don't forget to drink a few tonite!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Cool deal, thanks for the advice Brent, I planned on running a good size cooler and was gonna scour the JY again for a decent fan that I could mount in behind the nose of the car. What about upgrading the clutches or the Servo (whatever that does, lol). Honestly I know nada about automatics, the only vehicle I have ever owned that has one is our 2002 Dodge truck and I couldn't even tell you what kind:D
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Senior SCH Member
    How local are you planning :D ? Cause my uncle builds automatic's in the Weatherford area (west Fort Worth) for a living. He has his own shop that is build at his house. There are only 3 guys that work for him, but he is the one that build them. He has been building trannys now for over 20 years. Now if you do give him a call, he might try and talk you into a AOD. Those are the tranny's he loves to build but he can build any auto's. I'm running one of his AOD's in mine and it shifts perfect. No problems at all.

I will pm you his #

Brandon
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Brandon, thanks for the heads up. I will want to stick with a sm. bell C-4 as I already have the flexplate for this and my rotating assemby was balanced to it.

Senior SCH Member
    I just bought a Trans King C4, JW bell, and JW flexplate, Art Carr C-Trap cooler...and a few other items. The C-Trap cooler is supposed to be really nice...was expensive so I hope so. My C4 has reverse manual valve body, t-brake (allowed in non electronics classes by the way), billet servo, input shaft, good clutches....good for 850hp. Hope this helps. I'm still learning all this stuff since I've played with T56s for a long time.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnk95
    .... t-brake (allowed in non electronics classes by the way),....
    Troy
    Troy, they are very anal at our track here. To run the non-elec. class you can't have a t-brake, two-step or nada, they even have it down to where you can have only one line-lock and use it only for the burn-out (some guys were using dual line locks as kind of a poor man's t-brake).

Thanks for the help on the parts list.

I think Dynamic is the way to go. If this is street driven more than 20 miles a week go with the aod.
    306,afr 185's,holley system max,custom solid comp. cam,50#injectors,pro-m 83mm,75mm tb,msd btm,svo rpm exstender,renegade novi 2k=16.5 psi,dynamic mm c4-trans brake 4600 stall,b&m hammer shifter,moroso elect. water pump,aeromotive competition fuel system,8 point cage
    went 7.58@92 1/8 1.64 60ft with an SN 89 @8psi and 30# injectors,t-5 1/4 12.19@115 with s/n 89
    1/4 11.07@126 with novi 2k
    1/4 10.75@145 with 54*air temp

Quote Originally Posted by PRCMUSTANG
    I think Dynamic is the way to go. If this is street driven more than 20 miles a week go with the aod.
    It'll be street driven very rarely on nice weather days, the rest of the time it'll be at the track or in the garage. It's been officially retired from it's previous daily driver status. To think I used to put 150-200 miles a day on it and the last year I actually drove I didn't put 200 miles on it the entire year.

SCH Member
    Check out this link. There are some guys here who run c-4s behind some pretty stout big blocks.If you scroll down they give some great advice on building c-4s. Great list of parts and the upgrades you will need. You cannot post ??? unless you sign up and pay a membership fee but you can read till your brain is more than overloaded with c-4 info. http://www.fordmuscle.com/phpBB/view...p?forum=13&874

Kick ***!! Thanks Chip :D

SCH Member
    Hey no problem I love that site.There is more info on the c-4 than your brain can process.

Yeah i got C4 overload from the local big block guys till i put one in. They don't run anything fancier than T-brakes, and hardened input shafts and they spank 60 foot's in the 1.2 and the 1.1's all year. None of them run the rollerized stuff either. Good V-body's and the biggest pans and coolers they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by PRCMUSTANG

lol I put 250+ miles a week on my C4 car with 3.55 gears. No problems here.

For the cost of an AOD you can buy a lot of gas and still never go as fast or quick as a C4 car. Just my .02
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).