Thread: HELP

Junior SCH Member

Question HELP

My brother has a 93 Mustang GT. He purchased a Novi 1,000 for it. He needs a pulley that is 1/4 in smaller. Where can we get one? Also, after 9lbs of boost the belt will slip. How can he stop that from happening?

Welcome ! Paxton or Vortech can supply the correct pulley you need aswell as Reichard Racing or A.S.P. What size pullies(Crank and blower) is he running now ,and are they 6 or 8 rib? How much total Boost (psi) is he seeing?

- Jim

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for your reply. I just spoke with my brother. He is not sure of the size of the pully, says it's a spot pully. If it's 3in, he needs 2 3/4 in. If it's 2 3/4 in, he needs 2 1/2 inch. It's a 6 rib.
    I hope this makes more sense to you than to me!!

Deborah, still kinda confused as to which pulley you are speaking of, not sure what a "spot" pulley is. Why exactly does he need a smaller pulley??

If he's experiencing belt slip he can try to increase the tension on the belt. Also recommend using a high quality belt such as Gates or the Goodyear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

By you telling us it's a 6 rib I will assume it's a single belt kit.Pulley sizes are sized liked 3.5-3.33-3.0-2.95-2.75 etc(I may have missed a size or two).If his belt is already slipping I highly doubt that decreasing his blower pulley is going to help the situation.I would take 5150's suggestion and try putting a little more tension on the belt.Does he know what belt length he is running ?Sometimes running a slightly longer belt will give better wrap or purchase on the pulley that may help also.

Also you can go to a larger crank pulley. This is THE best way to speed the blower up in my opinion and long as you don't get too carried away.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    probably meant stock pulley.
    s/c 331