Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all 2 belt owners

Calling all 2 belt owners

Hey guys longtime listener first time caller here. This is officially my first post on this site although I've been watching for awhile now. I would like to know if anyone could show me some detailed pics of the new belt setup?What if any are the changes in the revised kit as a whole? For example does it include a bypass etc..Any help will be much appreciated..Jim

Major Changes in the kit included:
    Revised Bracketry
    8 rib belt setup vs. the 6 rib on the "old" style
    Separate belt for the blower.
    Cast alum. discharge tube instead of the POS plastic one.

They still do not come with a bypass valve but an adequate on can be had pretty cheap.

The Novi 1000 is a great bang for the buck entry level blower, especially the revised unit as with it you can upgrade alot easier to the Novi 2000, whereas the single belt guys would have to spend alot more money to do so.

As far as pics go, try browsing thru the photopost section....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Ok while I have been waiting for replies Ian assured me I would get I have gotten off my duff and found some good pics and other info that has answered some questions I had .Heres an easy one that I cant seem to find on my own.How much cfm does the Novi 1k blow and what is it's efficency % ? Besides Maximum boost how does it stack up against the
    V2-SQ head unit to head unit.I'm starting the think the Paxton has more bang for the buck.Can you guys convince me why I should buy a Novi over the Vortech?

We dont need to convince you, its all on what you want. There is a couple guys here running low 11's on the NOVI 1000. If you want 10's then go with a NOVI 2000. But I dont think youll see very many people reccomending an S-trim :p
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

LOL ryde on! on paxtonauto.com
    Novi 1000 is rated @ 850 cfm
    S-Trim is rated @ 1000 cfm
    Novi 2000 is rated @ 1700 cfm!

yes you get what you pay for. i don't know effiency #'s if you want an 11 sec car(10's if you really want it) get the 1000. If you want something that is proven to the 8's, get the 2000. I'm a little Novi biased but there is nothing wrong with vortech.

hope this helps.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

What I want(eventually) is a daily driver that does 11's.Just about any supercharger will provide that.What I'm looking for is quality and value not 10 second timeslips. I'm not asking for an endorsement for Vortech(I could just go over to their forum and hear how great they are) I'm asking for real world evaluations on the Novi 1k.These things are alot of money so I would prefer to get the right one the first time around.The 2K is above my budget and performance goals.I only plan on running a max of 10-12 #s period and future goals are a H/C/I 306ci to 331ci combo.So I am here trying to decide wether or not I would be better served by the Novi or The S-trim.Put it this way I can have the S-trim for a little over $300 more Than what I would be paying for a new Novi w/fuel pump and Btm.Brand loyalty aside what would you choose..Jim

Honestly in my opinion a Novi 1000 is a little small for your future goals. The S-trim would better serve you. Look hard @ the Novi 2000 as it is not much more than the S-trim. Novi 1000's awesome lil blowers for 302's. I'm gonna run mine on my 351 this year but probably not all season.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

i do not reccomend a btm. That is one more thing to wrong and if it fails to pull timing you WILL break parts.

Thanks for the replies Brent.I would love the 2k but I could get the S-trim for almost a grand less and the 1K about $300 less than that.It would only be a matter of saving for awhile longer but I believe I would never use the Novi to it's full potential so the added expense is harder for me to justify.
    As for the Btm,I will be talking Chuck into tuning my car so I'm sure he will make me see the light and just lock out my timing but I'm still not 100% convinced it's the best method.Besides I will take it easy on the timing and we have ultra 94 here so I'm not worried

chuck knows what i'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    chuck knows what i'm talking about.
    No doubt he does I trust him 100% he wont steer me wrong.But I wont tell you which blower he told me to buy :o

Some questions??!! Come on Jimmy lol!

Ian

What are you buying, used? Ive seen the NOVI 2000 sell for $2600 shipped, and the NOVI 1000 sells for $1650 shipped. The Strim sells for about $2800 shipped. This is brand new pricing. Brand loyalty aside, I would reccomend the NOVI 2000 because it is cheaper, and a hell of a lot better. A used S trim is a very good deal, and will power a 331 just fine. Its just that I wont reccomend a used blower, as it is a gamble with these things. But if your set on buying used, Ill say go with the S trim.
    Last edited by RydeOn; 01-07-2004 at 09:43 PM.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

No I'm not buying used ,all blowers mentioned are brand new.Once again the Novi 2k is not on my list simply because my budget does not allow it. As I mentioned before it's either going to be a 1000 or an S-trim.Read my post carefully ,obviously I can have the vortech for a very good price!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Some questions??!! Come on Jimmy lol!

Ian
    Seems that the more I learn the more questions I have ,go figure
    You know me Ian as always lol!