Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
with a built 331 and Victor Jrs could i go 10`s with te 1000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: with a built 331 and Victor Jrs could i go 10`s with te 1000

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Goliath5.0
    ....Just had to vent out, sorry if my post appears harsh....Anyway guys that is my input on this thread.:)
    Hey you didn't hurt my feelings. Your car does sound like you got it right, but after a while, wear on parts takes it's toll, and you usually lean harder on a car the more you get used to it. I think of ease on parts and efficiency when I am putting together a new combo. Thiat gives you longevity, more room to grow, so really it just prolongs the timeline when you lean harder on the parts than they are engineered for. Hopefully I'll reach my personal limits before I reach the parts limits.

I'd also like to see what kind of times you are turning, as your car does sound impressive for what it has.
    Ron Turransky
    Silly ricers, cars are for grown-ups.
    88 Saleen Hatch-306 5 sp
    92 LX Coupe 347 T-Trim/C-4 /Blah,Blah,Blah
    NMRA REN#4150
    NMRA SSO#8

dgrobles: LoL! :D I know! I get that all the time. People ask me why I have the sub box facing the seats. Its weird man, when I have the sub box (subwoofers) facing towards the rear window
    It does not hit as hard for one, and also it produces more rattles than a rattle snake from the hatch and takes that mean thump away. Btw, I use Pioneer IMPP subs. The box is a sealed enclosure.

I tried my buddies JL audio subs in my car and it sounded awesome with the subs facing towards the hatch window, and of course sounded like crap facing the seats.

Those IMPP's like being faced towards the seats , I don't know why. If you could hear the system, you could immediately tell the difference when they are faced away from the seats and then towards them.

saleen_n_around: I agree with you 100%. It is good to get an effective combination to be able to later grow into especially for future cravings of speed. To fulfill ones person limits before overkilling the parts engineered limits is very true. My problem is, I always (quickly) get tired in other words I exceed my personal limits for speed in our 4 wheel'd dinosaurs and want more. Hehe then I guess that is why I stretched out the legs of my car to as far as it can go.

You would be suprised at what I originally intended for the vehicle to do/accomplish. (Stay up with LS1s LOL!!!!)

My next project will either be a mod motor fox with boost and juice, or a low compression 306, afr heads, custom blower cam, ys-trim s/c'er or a novi-2k s/c'er with the bottle. I am looking to run 20+ pounds of boost.

A buddy of mine(a performance shop owner) runs at FUN FORD events and such. I think he is even doing that WFC6 that is going on today. He ran 9.30's with a 306, Edelbrock Victor Jr. Heads, Ys-TRIM, etc...

I am looking for that kind of time bracket on such a setup. I would like to do fun ford events as well and get into the local track bracket scene more and get away from the street scene, due to an ever rising hard on by the police for street racing... This of course is in the future.

Laters Guys,

Chris
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    Well, I'll probably catch up with you at the FFW events, because I am building mine up to run some True Street events this year. I have an R302 Block that I am going to do a 310 with and cog the YS to go play in Renegade, or the new Drag Radial class. I should be low 10's high 9's by this time next year with the coupe. Too bad I have to go play in the Desrt for the next few months, otherwise I'd be breaking the car in at the Spring Break Races, but I won't be back from the Desert until May....

Junior SCH Member
    I got 10's out of my Novi 1000. Just a mild 302 and about 8 psi.
    1988 GT
    mild Novi 1000 302
    10.9@128mph

1988 GT convertible
    AOD, pulleys, K&N, exhaust, lowered, cowl hood....

Originally posted by exgmguy
    I got 10's out of my Novi 1000. Just a mild 302 and about 8 psi.
    :master: :D Novi-1k power!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: