Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Charge Temps

I like your plans. I am planning on a 91 by the end of the year myself. Are you going to ditch the C4 in favor of a glide? I would imagine the C4 would not last with the 91. I am running a 9inch with stall to 5200 also. The new YSi makes a but load of torque early so i think i am going to change up the converter.

Yeah, i imaging with the 91, and a matched head/cam setup you should make about 1100-1200hp to the wheels. Hey, who the hell want's clean pants.......oh, nevermind. I forgot about the Honda Drivers.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HazMat
    I like your plans. I am planning on a 91 by the end of the year myself. Are you going to ditch the C4 in favor of a glide? I would imagine the C4 would not last with the 91. I am running a 9inch with stall to 5200 also. The new YSi makes a but load of torque early so i think i am going to change up the converter.

Yeah, i imaging with the 91, and a matched head/cam setup you should make about 1100-1200hp to the wheels. Hey, who the hell want's clean pants.......oh, nevermind. I forgot about the Honda Drivers.
    You hit it right on the head as for the plans to switch to a glide. It's supposed to also soften the hit as little with the 1.76 first gear. What is the C4's first gear? Something like 2.40 or 2.60? I am going to take some shake down passes on the C4 before switching. We'll see if it lets go.

Unfortunately, when my roll cage certification expires will only be allowed to 8.50. I have to re-certify in October 2004, so I will be grandfathered in for a while. I still think the cage should be allowed to go to 8.0's, and once you go 7.99 & faster, then have the 25.- certification. What's your cage situation?

Do you think I can get by without a wing on the back?
    A-4, 347 YS-Trim, Cast Iron Street Heats, Power Steering/Windows/Brakes/Door Locks, Steel Hood & Hatch, Stock A-Arms, Stock K-Member, Valid Tag/Insurance, Stock Front/Rear Seats, Factory Carpeting all around. Best ET/MPH 9.11/154.40 (different passes) @ 3405 lbs.

Wolfe racecraft 10 point with through the floor subs, window net, etc..

As for the wing, I use the rule that if you are near, at or above 150 mph go with a wing. I think you are at the point that you should seriously consider putting a wing on. You may not think you need one right now (seat of the pants feel) but with you new combo i'd imagine you are going to need as much rear down force and stability as you can get.

I put a Racecraft Inc. wing on mine. It's pretty clean. Having it painted right now to match the car.

Junior SCH Member
    Wolfe racecraft 10 point with through the floor subs, window net, etc..

As for the wing, I use the rule that if you are near, at or above 150 mph go with a wing. I think you are at the point that you should seriously consider putting a wing on. You may not think you need one right now (seat of the pants feel) but with you new combo i'd imagine you are going to need as much rear down force and stability as you can get.

I put a Racecraft Inc. wing on mine. It's pretty clean. Having it painted right now to match the car.
    It sounds like you will also be limited to 8.50's with your cage as well. So, without the wing, are you saying that the car may be more inclined to spin on the top end? I've gone to great lengths to keep the car mild as looking as possible. I know the chute is going to hurt that look though. Do you still think you are going to Orlando FFW?
    A-4, 347 YS-Trim, Cast Iron Street Heats, Power Steering/Windows/Brakes/Door Locks, Steel Hood & Hatch, Stock A-Arms, Stock K-Member, Valid Tag/Insurance, Stock Front/Rear Seats, Factory Carpeting all around. Best ET/MPH 9.11/154.40 (different passes) @ 3405 lbs.

Yeah, we've been discussing the cage upgrades. Just more crap to do.
    I understand the mild look. I'm not saying the car is going to be unstable, i am just saying it will be more stable. Sounds kinda stupid, i know. From what i understand aside from the downforce, the wing extends the deck surface which adds in a smoother transition of the air going over and under your car. With a smooter transition at the rear of the car the air is less turbulent: less drag and a more stable rear. I'm no expert but that is the way i understand it. If you get a chance take a look through a few websites, magazines and chassis shops. Heck, you may even want to talk to a few folks. You will notice more people run wings than not. My experience is that they do run the wings more for that added stability than for the cool look.

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs up

Yeah, we've been discussing the cage upgrades. Just more crap to do.
    I understand the mild look. I'm not saying the car is going to be unstable, i am just saying it will be more stable. Sounds kinda stupid, i know. From what i understand aside from the downforce, the wing extends the deck surface which adds in a smoother transition of the air going over and under your car. With a smooter transition at the rear of the car the air is less turbulent: less drag and a more stable rear. I'm no expert but that is the way i understand it. If you get a chance take a look through a few websites, magazines and chassis shops. Heck, you may even want to talk to a few folks. You will notice more people run wings than not. My experience is that they do run the wings more for that added stability than for the cool look.
    I hear ya. So, are you still on for Orlando? If so, I'll look for ya.

I am crossing my fingers. Do you know that "Murphy" and his "laws". Well the bastard likes to come and visit me everytime i plan on going to a race. Maybe i can out wit the chicken sh!@ this time. HAHA!

Junior SCH Member
    I am crossing my fingers. Do you know that "Murphy" and his "laws". Well the bastard likes to come and visit me everytime i plan on going to a race. Maybe i can out wit the chicken sh!@ this time. HAHA!
    No $h!t! The weatherman also hates my guts. I am almost guaranteed to make rain whe I show up at a track. Last year, I sucessfully managed to cause a rain-out to be called at Spring Break Shoot-Out last year. This year, since I am not running my car, I think everybody should owe me. ;)
    I'll look for you out there. My name is Greg.

Yeah, we'll have to get a pool going just to keep it sunny. I'll keep you posted on my progress to see if i can make orlando.

Later.....

Mikie