Thread: A few combo questions

Junior SCH Member

A few combo questions

Have a few questions about my injector sizing.

327 c.i.d. sportsman block
    x-303 cam
    AFR 185's
    1.6 rockers
    Holley systemax intake
    Accufab 75mm
    83 mm pro-m
    42lbs injectors
    Anderson PMS
    Aeromotive comp kit w/sumped tank
    TKO
    Paxton Novi-2000 w/Anderson powerpipe
    I would like to see 570 or higher at the rear wheels but I think my injectors are smallish..need 50's or 55's correct? Also the novi has the stock pulley on it,what size pulley do you guys reccomend? This is a street car so pump gas is a issue
    tonyalester@earthlink.net

570+ RWHP is pushing the Sportsman block IMO. You might want to think about a stronger block (A4, R302, Dart). What internals are you going to run?
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

you may be suprised with what the stock pulley will net you. dyno it with the stock pulley and at least you'd have a starting point where pump gas won't be an issue.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    570+ RWHP is pushing the Sportsman block IMO. You might want to think about a stronger block (A4, R302, Dart). What internals are you going to run?

Not too worried about the block my previous motor by DSS was a stock block 302 w/ no girdle that surrvived until I pulled it out and sold it at approx
    30,000 miles making 492 hp at the rear wheels. The only thing I replaced before selling it was the rod and main bearings. The new motor has all eagle forged crank and rods w/J&E pistons.

i'd think it'd be just fine. and you know what? it will or won't, that's my motto. be alil conservative @ first and it'll be fine. It'll be screaming with stock pullies anyway.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D