Thread: SN95 Powerdyne setup

Junior SCH Member

Question SN95 Powerdyne setup

Here's what I got to go on my car:
    6lb BD11a kit new with 9lb pulley, no chip.
    255 in tank pump
    bypass valve
    fmu in kit and Vortech fmu with changeable discs
    Romac balancer
    Bullitt suspension, brakes and KB SF connector/setup

Here is what my car currently has:
    95 GT convertible, CA emissions, 105k, strong motor and rings
    stock short block and heads except for 1.7 roller rockers
    GT40 intake
    BBK 70mm TB
    MAC CAI
    Kirban AFPR
    Shorties, Dr Gas X, highflow cats and Magnaflow CB
    stock ignition, 9mm wires
    MAC pulleys (still have stock ones too)
    stock maf, stock 19 lb injectors (have a set of 24 and 30 injectors)
    have some nearly new Powerheads not on car available too

Just need to figure out what maf to run. Read lots on ProM, C&L and Lightening set ups. I'm thinking of getting the new software that is supposedly much easier than Tweecer setup and allows for changes to what I want to run. I've heard that my 95 GT computer is very unfriendly and tough to work with.

I would like to get 350-400 HP out of my car. Not certain if I can get this with stock heads and stock cam, but would like to have the car performing well on the street with good manners and not running so hot that I'm changing head gaskets or rebuilding my Powerdyne every other month.

Here are my questions:

What maf?
    What injectors?
    Powerpipe?
    FMU?
    What tuning software?
    What crank pulley?
    Base timing and base fuel pressure starting points?
    Which plugs (part #)?

All opinions will be appreciated!!

Thanks Dan

Junior SCH Member Powerdyned94gt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Dan
    Here are my questions:
    What maf?
    What injectors?
    Powerpipe?
    FMU?
    What tuning software?
    What crank pulley?
    Base timing and base fuel pressure starting points?
    Which plugs (part #)?
    Thanks Dan
    What i use without no problems so far.I have no quarter mile times or dyno numbers YET,but here are a few suggestions.

MAF-I use a Pro-M 75 MM without a lick of problems,tried 2,one with #30 & #24 injectors.

Injectors-I use #24 injectors now without no hints of problems and for my application they work great.Was going to use the #30 i had in,but with the FMU and without a chip,to rich,even without the fmu hooked up.When i decide to go with a better head and cam combo i will fork out the money for #42 and a chip,seems to be the going thing.If you are going with those heads,use at least the #30's and get a chipped burned for them.the sn95 cars hate bigger than #24 injectors without tuning the EEC

Powerpipe-Never used one with my powerdyne,and really dont think if it would help out with only #6 of boost,with the #9 pulley i bet it would help.Used in combo with a 7" crank pulley,i bet it would really help.My opininon strictly based on reading about other powerdyne users.

Software-You get that far,let me know.

Crank Pulley-When i get the money and have been told,get the 7" ASP,will cost you,but the boost numbers will thank you.

Timing-Start out at 7 or 8 timing,and set your fuel base PSI at 40.This seems to work the best for me when starting out tuning your car.These will depend on how your car reacts to each individual settings.But is the best starting point i feel.

Plugs-I cant remember my brand at the time(been a few)but go with a step down colder plug for sure,and play with the gapping,start at 35.
    1994 Mustang GT
    #9 POWERDYNE BD11
    (sees #5.5 to #6 of Boost)
    Eldebrock 5.0 Performer intake
    #24 FMS injectors
    Proflow 75mm MAS
    155 LPH fp
    8:1 FMU
    MSD 6AL Ignition & Coil
    Kirbin FPR
    3:55 R&P Gears
    Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back System
    MAC 2.5 H-Pipe
    HM Ram Air
    RAM 10.5 Clutch
    Pro 5.0 Shifter
    (Need a set of NITTOS now) :D
    http://www.gt.i8.com

Junior SCH Member
    I have a 9lb Powerdyne with a 190lph fp,30lb injectors, 75mm ProM MAF,a home made powerpipe, unequal length shorties and a flowmaster cat-back.
    I played around with timing and fuel pressure after the injector and MAF mods but was never able to get the car to idle correctly. Otherwise it ran great through the rest of the rpm range.
    Took it to a local Mustang shop and had a dyno tune and chip.
    Made 300 rwhp and 367 rwtq.
    Oh yeah, the plugs are stock gapped at 32 or 34 (can't remember)
    Fuel pressure is 42
    I would suggest making all the mods you can before going with larger MAF and injectors because at that point you will probably need a tune or suffer driveability issues.