Thread: Trapping 108mph N/A, how much after blower?

Junior SCH Member

Trapping 108mph N/A, how much after blower?

Right now I'm trapping 108mph on stock shortblock with h/c/i. Any ideas on what it would trap with the stock pulleys on a Novi1000? Also what about after a crank pulley change?

117 then 123---- next question....LOL actually thats exactly what my car did.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    I have a stock short block with H/C/I and a NOVI 1000 and I trapped 126.53
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Junior SCH Member
    Next question, will I have issues with blowing head gaskets and such at that power level? This is my daily driver and I cannot afford any down time. I know if it goes lean then yea it will blow but other than that if I keep a safe tune on it will it be ok?

I didn't blow one all year long. Stock pullies with the 42lb injector is very safe.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick306
    Next question, will I have issues with blowing head gaskets and such at that power level? This is my daily driver and I cannot afford any down time. I know if it goes lean then yea it will blow but other than that if I keep a safe tune on it will it be ok?
    Its very hard for us to assure you that you will not blow a head gasket. If you want great assurance that will lower the probability of blowing one then spend the money for Cometic gaskets. They are about $100.oo each but they do not blow. I use Fel-Pro and I have had no concerns yet and my blower has been on for about 15 months which is about 1000 miles for me. :D
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

I ran 108-109 prior to the Novi, after I was trapping 117-119. This was on a stock shortblock with 140k, 24# injectors and the supplied FMU. There was much more to be had with a good tune but I decided to pull the motor for a full rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I was trapping 121 consistantly with 8psi and nothing more than unported P heads and an E cam. I have a new combo for this year and I would like to get closer to the 130mph mark. I just need to shed some more weight out of the car.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys. One more thing, I can't spare extra money to trash the fmu right now and get bigger injectors. So how can I order the Novi and get the fmu calibrated for 24# injectors? Is there a kit for a 93 cobra that I can order?

Paxton will tell you that the standard fmu is designed to work with the Cobra as well, there's a thread floating around on here on how to make your FMU adjustable, this would probably be your best option.

Save your pennies for the 42#'s and meter, sometimes you can grab a killer deal on good used injectors & meter on the Corral.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

When I ordered, Paxton was cool. They sent me a kit to recalibrate my FMU to the Cobra injectors. They didnt charge me for it.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Quote Originally Posted by RydeOn
    When I ordered, Paxton was cool. They sent me a kit to recalibrate my FMU to the Cobra injectors. They didnt charge me for it.

I guess that I was informed wrong then, guess it may depend on where you source your kit from....

468LC...how is your car handling the 30lb injectors with 380 RWHP? Are you running an FMU or no?

SCH Member

truly a best bang for the buck..

aside from the blower and 3.73's, this 2.75"pulley/F-150 pulley combo was my best bang for the buck. I saw more of an improvement than I did when I did the intake/cold air/exhaust setup (all in one fell swoop).

Highly recommend this one! Cheap too!