Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Single Belt Novi, no a/c, no p/s, no brackets Belt Routing!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Belt Novi, no a/c, no p/s, no brackets Belt Routing!!

Single Belt Novi, no a/c, no p/s, no brackets Belt Routing!!

Here's how I'm gonna run it:

I need to pick up a way shorter belt though, lol. Very simple, clean install with no extra brackets. All the pulleys appear to have suffiencient contact with the belt and there is plenty of room to adjust tension. The only non-standard part is the w/p in which I used a standard rotation w/p.

Being that this was hashed out long ago with all sorts of brackets and contraptions, I must admit that Steve (468LC) was dead right that it'd work this way, you the man Steve :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I think those vise grips are gunna cause a horrible problem ;)
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

cool! pretty slick really. i can't wait till you get it in the frickin car! did you see the 7" 6 rib crank for sale? HINT HINT??
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    You think so :D Dammit, now I have to buy a new belt too

Brent, the 6.5" with a 2.75" blower pulley will put me right below the 55k rpm limit of the blower at about 6200, it'll leave me just enough room to spin to 6500 on occassions if need be.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

ah yes good point....I too plan to spin to 6500 but not untill next year. I plan stepping up the gear accordingly. MAYBE EVEN A 4.10 AND A 28'' TIRE! :o stump puller
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

4.10's kick *** with the Novi. I had 'em but with 26" tall tires, if it wasn't for smacking the rev limiter (6200) about 150 ft. short of the 1/4 mile I would have kept them for a while.

I swear I had to shift before the 60 ft. mark :D

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    ..and the wife hasn't killed you over the bedsheet? I got a similar setup..inspired by Steve, no p/s (new flaming river rack), no smog, electric fan, but stilll runs AC ( I live in Guam and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit in traffic when it's a 100 degrees outside even with the top down) and a 2.75" pulley and F-150 crank pulley.
    Last edited by Hella Good; 01-18-2004 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hella Good
    ..and the wife hasn't killed you over the bedsheet? I got a similar setup..inspired by Steve, no p/s (new flaming river rack), no smog, electric fan, but stilll runs AC ( I live in Guam and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit in traffic when it's a 100 degrees outside even with the top down) and a 2.75" pulley and F-150 crank pulley.
    Lol, nah it was an old blanket that was out in the garage. I can understand about the a/c, it gets pretty warm here in the summer as well. If it was my daily driver and I had to spend alot of time behind the wheel, I may have kept it. How many #'s you seeing with the 2.75 & F-150 combo?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Lol, nah it was an old blanket that was out in the garage. I can understand about the a/c, it gets pretty warm here in the summer as well. If it was my daily driver and I had to spend alot of time behind the wheel, I may have kept it. How many #'s you seeing with the 2.75 & F-150 combo?
    i'll get back wit' 'ya when I get the kink out of the boost gauges' hose and put a new "ferrule (must have been a computer techie back in the '80's that came up with that word)" on the hose. Moose has been in pieces the past few weeks ( redoing the inside all in black).

Swapping interior out does not sound like fun at all....When you get to it, if you get stuck give me a shout.

Like we talked about before Sean you may and this is a big may have to put an idler pulley between the alt and crank pulley up on the blower bracket.

Looks damn good, and If I ever pull the trigger on losing the PS than that is what I will do.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

The extra pulley would be used to put more of the belt on the crank pulley if I follow you correctly??

I still have that March bracket & pulley, the pulley comes off easily so I guess I will hang on to this for a while until I get it fired up and see if any belt slip occurs at the crank.

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Here's how I'm gonna run it:

I need to pick up a way shorter belt though, lol. Very simple, clean install with no extra brackets. All the pulleys appear to have suffiencient contact with the belt and there is plenty of room to adjust tension. The only non-standard part is the w/p in which I used a standard rotation w/p.

Being that this was hashed out long ago with all sorts of brackets and contraptions, I must admit that Steve (468LC) was dead right that it'd work this way, you the man Steve :D

The W/P.....Is that for like a 89 Grand Marquis 5.0.
    Can that same setup be used with the smog eliminator pulley or do you take it off ?
    Thats what I want , No A/C and No P/S :)
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

I just asked for a w/p for an 86 mustang, and then verified that the part numbers were different from the one for my 92. I never bought a smog pump elim, I used to run a "gutted" smog pump there but yank all that extra junk. If you have one already you can either run it or you can sell it. It'll work either way.

Maybe it's just me but aren't you running the water pump the wrong direction? On 5.0's the water pump goes the opposite direction of the crank. You have yours running the same direction. And yeah, the vise grips are probably going to your hood when you run it. :)
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)